February 08, 2012

Um, WTF Is Going On?

Hi Republicans! Hiiiiiiiii! I see you there…all up in your nominating a Presidential candidate business. I see you over there voting for Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum. So now, I just have to ask…what the fuck are you doing?

As far as I can tell, this race has been “over” at least half a dozen times. Mitt was inevitable. Then, Santorum was primed to become the CONSERVATIVE ALTERNATIVE to Mitt…before getting slaughtered in a few contests. Then Mitt was inevitable. Then Newt was the new CONSERVATIVE ALTERNATIVE. Then Mitt was inevitable again. And now Santorum is dangerous? What the shit?

Rick Santorum. I have literally no idea what’s going on here. No one wants to vote for this clown. No one at all. He “won” Iowa by living there for a few months…cool. Grats. And then he was getting slaughtered. And the polls showed no one cared about him. And, I mean, he’s fucking evil. He’s a big government Republican who is in favor of spending as much money as humanly possible. But he won’t raise taxes to pay for his largesse. You think the debt’s been bad under Obama (and it has been…just absolutely abysmal handling of the economy by this administration), you just wait to see a Santorum presidency. No, I suspect it cannot be worse than an Obama presidency, but it will be exactly the same. Wonderful. Not to mention his constant crusading against homosexuals (despite being a closet homosexual himself) and his ties to the same central Pennsylvania groups that produced such great individuals as Jerry Sandusky. Yeah…totally want that guy to be President.

Rick Santorum on freedom: "they [libertarians] have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do. Government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulation low and that we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn't get involved in cultural issues, you know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world, and I think most conservatives understand that individuals can't go it alone..."

Yes, Rick Santorum thinks the government has a right to tell you how to live your life. He does not believe in a right to privacy. At all. He thinks the government should outlaw contraceptives. He compared child sex abuse to homosexuality. He wants to legislate morality and restrict our freedoms…and this is a man running to be the…ahem…LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD???? Excuse me while I vomit.

However, the bigger question I have to ask is…how the fuck did he win last night’s contests? I mean, he was a nobody. No one cared about him. And definitely no one wanted to vote for him. And all of a sudden he’s winning primaries? Handily? Seems a wee bit shady to me. A friend of mine thinks this is all a plan laid out at the top by the powers that be to get us to a brokered convention where Jeb Bush can come in and become the nominee…keeping the same elites in power who have been in power here in America for the last few decades. I’ll believe that when I see it…but it does beg the question, is someone pulling the strings behind these elections? I’m not sure I can account for the randomness of it all otherwise.

I’m not ready to go down that route myself just yet. I’d like to remain blissfully ignorant and believe we actually do have somewhat of a democracy here. And if that’s the case, then it makes me sad. I mean, this is the best we can do? Rick Santorum is the worst candidate for President I have EVER SEEN! And he’s winning primaries??? Newt Gingrich…well, I like Newt, and his crazy ideas, and his brain for policy…but his baggage needs its own uHaul. And Mitt Romney…has there ever been an inevitable front runner who’s so universally disliked and distrusted? These are the three front runners the media has propped up for us? Maybe its all a giant scam to save Obama’s presidency. If so…well, it seems to be working. I can’t see any of these people beating Obama. Hell, if Santorum actually ends up being the nominee, I might vote for Obama too…just because I’d rather take my chances in 4 years with someone new than have Rick Santorum become the standard bearer for the Republican Party (a party I will be leaving as soon as the election is done if Santorum is the nominee).

Obviously, as anyone who reads this blog knows, I am a libertarian and a big time Ron Paul supporter. Of course, the one Republican in the race who makes any sense at all can’t buy any press, can’t get any traction, and is being marginalized and ignored across the country. Not surprising. He wants to upset the status quo, which terrifies those in power. People in power only want one thing…to stay in power and collect more power. Ron Paul doesn’t want that…he wants to strip the federal government of its unconstitutional powers it’s been acquiring. This terrifies people, so they do everything in their power to keep him down. I mean, every time someone really gets a chance to listen to Ron Paul speak, they are fans of his and desperately want him in office…and yet, his is the voice hardest to find across the airwaves. Sketchy…

So, really, I have no idea what’s going on. People clearly do not want to fix this country. If they did, they’d vote for Ron Paul, or vote for no one and demand better candidates. Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum…none of these guys is going to change anything. They all got in power under the current system…why would they change that? Mitt, at least, might not fuck things up too badly...and Newt, under the proper circumstances and with the proper people around him, could get the right ideas moving. But if Rick Santorum becomes our President, I’m moving to Canada. I swear to God…

OK, end rant. With the Republican race taking a break from primaries for a few weeks, I can take a break from writing about it. I’m sure I’ll be back after Super Tuesday with some more rage.

But, please, if you are reading this, don’t vote for Rick Santorum. Please. I beg you. Don’t do it. He is pure evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santorum scares me as well

JMB