December 14, 2011

The 2nd Day of Patmas

On the 2nd Day of Patmas, I give to you…two great Christmas messages!

Christmas is over commercialized. This is a true statement. In our frenzy of gift buying and mall prowling, I think people tend to forget the little things in life. So, today, a small reminder of what Christmas is really all about!

First, a classic...Charlie Brown!



The second one is from last season's Christmas Episode of Community. It is in two parts!





I guess if the meaning of Christmas is that Christmas has meaning, and it can mean whatever you want, it can be as commercial as you want it to be! I choose Christmas to be a fun season where I can get caught up in the spirit of the holiday, without the rampant commercial aspects, or really the religious aspects either. Give me some lights, a tree, and some Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and I’m happy! And, of course, time with my friends and family.

Note: Hopefully the videos still work when this posts (I'm writing it a few days ahead of time). If not, I'll go back and fix it. Cheers!

1 comment:

Sue Quinn said...

That moment in Charlie Brown is my absolute favorite because that's what Christmas is. I love that Linus quote the Gospel of Luke so simply and innocently. I have loved that clip since I was a child.