October 01, 2010

Screw you, DISH Network!

So, we switched to DISH Network this week.  And it was a hassle, but in the end, we had like 150 more channels, more HD channels, and HBO!  Sweet!  Part of the 150 more channels was the National Geographic Channel, which is awesome.  And, of course, there's the regular cable channels, like FX that I watch all the time.

This morning, FOX, who owns NatGeo and FX, pulled those two channels (as well as every single FOX Sports Net channels) from DISH because of a contract dispute.  Awesome.  This is an issue.

First, one of the reasons we switched to DISH, and the package we got, was because NatGeo was on it.  Second, I watch FX all the time in the fall, because it has The League and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...two of my favorite shows.  Their seasons just started, and now I don't have FX.

OH, and now DISH is also having a dispute with FOX over their next contract, that includes the network FOX programming...another big one because it has House, NFL Football, and the World Series.  If that goes, I"m sorry, but DISH will have to go too.

Contract disputes like this really piss me off.  I mean, DISH made like 2 billion dollars in profits last year, in part because they charge us for regular networks, like FOX, that are free over the airwaves.  And FOX has become rather popular, as has FX.  With an increase in popularity, obviously they should be compensated as such.  But DISH is holding firm.  And FOX won't go low enough to satisfy DISH.  DISH even told FOX that no one pays for FX and the FSNs.  Bullshit!  Those are very popular networks!

Ugh, this is all I wanted.  To finally make a switch, which is already a hassle, and then for DISH to start losing programming.  Wonderful.

No comments: