April 26, 2010

Q's Adventures: Yosemite



Yup, that's me. Once again in one of the most beautiful places in the world. My travel schedule has taken quite a hit lately (I don't seem to go anywhere anymore), but this past weekend I drove out to Yosemite to celebrate my buddy Sean's birthday!

The weather was gorgeous during the day. Mid 70s. I mean, it was effing ideal. At night, it was pretty friggin cold. Low 30s. My feet got cold as I slept. That made me sad. But the warm weather during the day made me happy, so it all evened out.

So, what is there to say about the trip? Well, I went on a grueling death march of a hike on Saturday. I'm still sore, and I'm pretty sure I almost died on the hike. But the result was being on top of a beautiful waterfall. So that was pretty ok.

Saturday night a bear came into our campsite. We had left an empty cooler out, and bears, knowing what a cooler looks like, decided to check for food. Sean apparently heard the bear russling about with the cooler, looked out of his tent and saw the bear. He then yelled HEY BEAR!!! Which woke up the entire campsite. Sean said the bear just looked at him, and then walked away. Good thing he didn't come over to investigate, eh Sean! lol.

Sunday Jason and I packed up the truck. Then I took him to the base of Yosemite Falls, and then out to Tunnel View (where the picture above was taken) so we could see the sights and enjoy the scenery. Then we drove home.

All in all, it was a quick trip, but a fun one. And it was an amazing weekend to be outdoors!

Oh, and since today is actually Sean's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!!!

No comments: