July 27, 2009

Q's Challenge: Catching Up

So I've not been posting much lately, and a consequence of this has been a lack of Challenge updates. By my count, I'm now three weeks behind. Week 19 was so long ago, that I really don't remember it. Anything new I may have done that week must not have been particularly memorable. I've had a pretty good track record of keeping up on this, so I think I'll just assume I did the challenge that week, but it was full of lame things not worth writing about. And we'll move on to Week 20.

Week 20

1. Drove to Sunriver: This was a new driving experience for me, as I had never been the sole driver for such a long drive. Old Sunriver trips my parents drove. When Bubs and I went to the Grand Canyon we switched off. This time, though, it was up to me to get my grandma, my parents' dog, and myself up to Oregon. 9 hours. Ugh, long drive. I must say, though, that the time seemed to go by much faster driving than it usually does just riding along. We'll call this a wash.
Grade: Meh.

2. Rode an Automatic Tranny ATV: While in Oregon, I went and visited Coach and Mikey, who were also vacationing in Oregon. Coach had brought his ATVs up, and one of them was a beasty automatic ATV. This thing was amazing. I'd only ever ridden manual tranny ATVs, and that always seemed like a lotta work. This was awesome, just push the gas and go! I was getting that thing up to 30-35 mph on the dirt track...going over small jumps and such. Too much fun.
Grade: Glorious. If I ever get an ATV, it'll be an automatic.

3. Visited Crater Lake: Even though my mom will tell you I've been here before (when I was like 3), I'm counting this as a new thing, as I've always wanted to go here, and have no recollection of ever being there. This lake is GORGEOUS! Like, ridiculously so! The water is super blue, super flat, and super clear. It makes for a rather picturesque setting. I'd totally go back.
Grade: Glorious.

Yeah, vacation week was good times. You can read all about the non-new stuff from that week in my blogs from last week. On to Week 21.

Week 21:

1. Saw a New Movie: Yup, this past week I finally got out to see Harry Potter 6. Because I was out of town when it came out, everyone had seen it already, so I took myself to the movie. And, you know what, it was pretty darned good. I had a few gripes, mostly about how loosely they followed the story line in places (the one scene in the middle where they just made shit up really bugged me), and a few certain parts they left out. But all in all it was well done. Movie 4 is still my favorite, though.
Grade: Pretty Good.

2. Learned New Software: I had to learn Microsoft MapPoint for work. Its an awful program. It has no functionality, no customization, no nothing! Its horrible. I spent the whole week learning it and making map graphs on it, and then we scrapped the whole thing because it looked like shit. What a waste.
Grade: FAIL.

3. Bowling for Boobies: This ranks up there among the most random things I've encountered recently. Coach and I were hanging out in Williams, and Coach decides he wants to go bowling. I'm always game, so we drive over to Colusa to their bowling alley, walk up, and there's a strange looking lady standing there in Pink hot pants, white shirt, and a pink bra over the shirt. Odd. She greets us like she knows us and is all "come on in boys!" We are hesitant, but we enter, and the entire place if full of people wearing pink. We had walked in on a breast cancer event. They said we could join in, so, you know, what the hell. We were placed on a team, Coach was given a pink shirt, and I, of course, was given a pink feather boa (sigh...why is it always me who gets the weirder shit), and we bowled a few games for breast cancer. It was totally random, but totally fun! The people there were a blast. And I think the randomness of it all helped add to the enjoyment.
Grade: Glorious. Randomness is usually glorious.

That's all for this week. The halfway point of this challenge is coming up in a few weeks. At that point I'll probably re-evaluate the Challenge, and either make some changes or scrap it all together. I'll tell you why when we get to that point.

Peace!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think I used to have a pink boa. I glad to know they're still around and in use.