~The 4th of July just isn't the same without an extravagant fireworks show and swimming. I had a great time with my best friends in Williams this weekend, don't get me wrong...but it definately did not feel like 4th of July. I didn't even get to blow anything up! I did get to see my niece, though. And that is always amazing.
~I came home to an apartment full of fleas. I am not amused. My room seems to have been spared, though.
~I'm getting to old to spend all weekend drinking, methinks. I put away some rum this weekend, and today I'm just trashed. I'm really really sleepy. I don't even remember going to bed last night...just waking up this morning going "uuuuuuuuugh...stupid work." I'm glad I made it to my bed, though. Luckily, I don't really have to concentrate today.
~Headed to Oregon next week. Just a quick trip. I'll spend all day Monday the 13th driving up there with the dog and my grandma. I'll get to hang out and do things Tuesday through Saturday. Then I'll spend all day Sunday driving home. But, Oregon is gorgeous, so it should be a nice trip. It'll also be nice to have a full week off work.
~I'm in the process of planning my birthday weekend trip. Although I think I'll be taking that trip the weekend after my birthday weekend, it'll still be called the birthday weekend trip. Right now I'm thinking of a few places. Two I've been to before, and two I have not. Las Vegas is the obvious one...but I'm thinking maybe I should do something else. So, I was looking into New Orleans, and its totally doable. I'll probably push for that one. The other two are new places I would like to see. One is Chicago, which would be doable...and the last one is Boston...which probably is the least likely due to hotel costs and my desire to avoid the northeast in October. I was also contemplating Tampa...but if I'm gonna go to the dirty south, I think New Orleans would be more fun. So, anyone out there wanna go to New Orleans or Chicago or something like that? I'll probably finalize plans and book airfare and hotel after the Oregon trip.
~Two camping trips coming up in August...back to back. Should be awesome. Lake Tahoe in the summer will be amazing, and the Ab Feed is always a blast. I'm also looking at trying to get down to Ventura to see Jimmy B sometime between my Oregon trip and my camping trips. So if anyone wants to go see Jimmy B, let me know.
~I finally paid off my computer last week. It's pretty awesome to completely pay off one of my debts. Now I can throw extra money at my credit cards. I'll be back to even in no time!
~Speaking of money and paying it to other entities...I cut a rent check for July already, which means I only have two more at my current location. Which means one of a few possibilities. One, after that I'll be moving home and saving money (but living at home). This is the least desirable of outcomes, but one I'm glad I have as a fallback. Two, I need to start looking for a new roommate. Its sad I don't know anyone in the area. Finally, I should also start looking into one bedroom places, to see if its even affordable for me. It would be an increase in rent and bills...but if I can keep things under 1000 a month for that stuff, it would be doable. Might be a stretch here in the Bay.
~I'm too tired to think. I'll just finish with the Challenge and maybe I'll come back on later this week with something more interesting.
Q's Challenge: Week 18:
This week included working, and it also included drinking in Williams. Both of which aren't really new things. However, I did end up doing a few new things within this, so away we go...
1. Fixed a broken Outlook Mailbox: Learn new things all the time in my job. I've never had much experience with Outlook, but I was able to teach myself and get Bob's Outlook running again, so that was cool.
Grade: Meh. Work is always meh.
2. Created a secured pdf: I hadn't worked much with Adobe Acrobat either, but with the help of Brandon, I was able to learn how to create a pdf that you can't eff with. Which is important.
Grade: Meh. See above.
3. Celebrated the 4th of July without a fireworks show or a pool: This is very new for me. I'm not sure I like it too much. I mean, don't get me wrong, I had a great time this weekend...but it definately did not feel like the 4th of July to me...it just felt like another summer weekend.
Grade: Decent. Decent is the balance between a good weekend and an uninspiring 4th celebration.
Guess thats it. This week I'm just working, but next week I'll be in Oregon. So, you know, should have some new stories after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment