Holy shit, it's December already! (Rabbit, rabbit!) WTF? Where did the other months go? As you can see, I'm pretty much in shock as to how fast this year has flown by. It's almost 2009 (which means its almost time for my trip to New Orleans! Woot!). This is getting out of hand.
Anyways, with December brings another month full of events and challenges. Lets take a look at the calendar.
I have two Sharks games on the book this month. Both Saturday dates. One this Saturday, and one the Saturday before Christmas. Always good times. Of course, there's always the possibility I'll buy tickets to another game here and there. So that number could expand by the end of the month.
Christmas is coming up, which means I have to go shopping. This, of course, is retarded. Don't get me wrong, gift giving and the excanging of gifts is pretty cool. I do enjoy it. But the malls scare me. I don't like them. Hopefully Sean will be able to make it down for our yearly one day of madness shopping spree. Otherwise I'll have to recruit a guide to take me through everything.
I'll go off on a tangent here about gift giving. One, I hate how sometimes gift giving becomes an obligation. Like, one, say you always get a gift for someone, and then one year you are tight on cash and can't, and you feel the need to apologize for not being able to afford to buy something for someone else? Silly. Or, here's the worst, when someone gives you a gift, you are now obligated to get them something. Like, all of a sudden, out of the blue, someone will give you a Christmas present, and you won't have gotten them anything. Then you feel like a jackass and either a) go buy them something and give it to them later, or b) don't give them anything and continue to look like a jackass.
So, I'll say this now. It's not necessary for anyone to give me a gift. I mean, I'll exchange gifts with the family and such...Christmas is a family holiday. But, really, I know who my friends are, I don't need presents to prove it. Also, if I get you a gift, don't feel obligated to get me something in return. This is silly. If I get you a gift, it's because I want to, and I won't think you are a jackass if you don't give me something in return. But, I also ask that if you do get me a gift (and, once again, I'll advise against it), and I don't get you a gift, don't get all pissy and think I'm an asshole. I just spend all my money on travelling and can't afford to buy presents for everyone I know. Yes, it's selfish, but it's life!
What else is happening this month? Well, I have one potentially free weekend, the 13-14. I have a hair cut somewhere in there, but that's about it. Um, oh yeah, I'm going to New Orleans on the 31st. New Years in New Orleans! Intense! I'm also in the process of trying to get Sugar Bowl tickets. That would be sick.
Finally, I need to start compiling my annual Year in Review (which - I hear from many sources...err, ok, one source - is a big hit). My personal year in review is going to be epic. I know that for a fact, and have everything I've done this year logged already...so that one will be easy. I'll need help on the world/national events, the sporting events, and best movies of the year. So if you want, shoot ideas my way.
I guess that's about it. Last month of the year, and I hope to make it a good one!
2 comments:
I'm loving the optimism here! And just in case I wasn't the one source, your year in review is a big hit to me as well!
I'll be around this year...I get in on the 16th. Maybe I'll attend your yearly shopping bonanza. I think I've done it before.
Post a Comment