December 23, 2008

Year in Review: Top Movies I've Seen

So, the first list I present to you is a very straightforward, basic list. It's a list of the top movies I saw in theatres this year. This is not a list of the movies from the entire year I think were the best. I only caught 13 movies in the theatres this year. This is the top 10, from the movies I've seen this year, that I enjoyed the most. The list is mostly based on entertainment value. The dates next to the movie title are the date I saw the movie, and the number is a ranking out of 10. The ranking is mostly arbitrary.

As always, feel free to disagree. Also, post your own top movie lists in the comments. Even if you just have a Top 1 movie, or a top 5...it's cool. I'm always looking for new ideas on movies to see.

Top Movies I've Seen in 2008

The Dark Knight (7/30/08) – 10
Quantum of Solace (11/14/08) – 9.5
The Incredible Hulk (6/13/08) – 9
Ironman (5/19/08) - 9
Step Brothers (7/27/08) - 8.75
Hancock (7/2/08) - 8.5
Pineapple Express (8/6/08) – 8.5
Tropic Thunder (8/13/08) – 8.5
Zach and Miri Make a Porno (11/8/08) – 8.521 (4/2/08) - 8
21 (4/2/08) - 8

Post Away!

3 comments:

Julie said...

The Dark Knight was indeed a 10. Quantum of Solace though? Really a 9.5? Really? I thought it was at best a 3.5. I found it boring, and confusing. Haven't seen Zach and Miri or The Hulk, but for the most part I agree with the rest. Hancock was a little too predicable for my liking, but still enjoyable. I feel as if there's a movie or two missing from here that would be on my list, but I can not remember it at this time...

ZeroIndulgence said...

Quantum was amazing. The action was intense, it made you think at times to keep up...and I dunno, I just like James Bond flicks. Even if this one was different than previous ones.

ZeroIndulgence said...

I'll have to add in Gran Torino to my top 10. It was awesome. 9 out of 10. Place it after Ironman on the list. It was awesome!