December 22, 2008

MMR: The Year in Review - 2008

It's that time of year once again...Q's annual YEAR IN REVIEW!!! I hear people enjoy this stuff, and I really enjoy putting it together, so we're back and better than ever! I'll be rolling out my Year in Review in segments this year, rather than all at once as I have in the past. This way yall get just a little bit each posting, and it'll give you something to combat bordom with more than once! I'll give you a tentative posting schedule after this introduction. As always, I'd love to hear from all of you. Leave your comments on the year that was, debate with me over my rankings of the year's events, and try not to get too jealous when I put up my personal top events list, as I had quite the incredible year.

And, as always, enjoy!

As 2008 draws to a close, there is a lot to look back on. It has been a rather interesting and eventful year here in America, and throughout the world. Sadly, most of the news as of late has not been of the enjoyable variety. Banks closing, foreclosures on the rise, unemployment on the rise, bailouts, no bailouts, bailouts for other people than you...no fun.

However, things have not been all bad. The 2008 Summer Olympics in China were a rousing success. Gas prices dropped to prices we haven't seen in years. I went on numerous vacations, and had a generally great time. I must admit, having a job and making money is pretty sweet. Spending that money on vacations is even sweeter. No joke.

Anyways, today is just a short introduction. The lists of the top movies, sports events, world events, and personal events will be released on the schedule indicated below...more or less. So check back often and enjoy our look back at the year that was.

Year in Review 2008 Schedule

Monday 12/22: Introduction
Tuesday 12/23: Top Movies I've Seen This Year
Wednesday 12/24: Top Sports Events of 2008
Monday 12/29: Top World Events of 2008
Wednesday 12/31: Top Personal Events of 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice, love the q YIR