I KNOW ITS FUCKING THURSDAY, BUT SINCE TUESDAY WAS MY MONDAY, TODAY WILL BE MY WEDNESDAY!!! I'M NOT CHANGING THE NAMES OF MY SEGMENTS JUST BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND TOOK A 4 DAY WEEKEND!
OK, got that out of the way, how are yall doing this morning? Yes, afternoon musings in the morning...how revolutionary of me!
I've decided I'm glad I don't live in Lancaster with the rest of my extended family. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, and it's always amazing to see them...but, well, this is twofold. 1) Lancaster would not be a fun place to live. It's the high desert. Ugh. After living in the Bay Area for, now, almost 25 years, I couldn't go to the desert. 2) I'm completely different from the majority of my family. I definately have to tone myself down when I go out there, to try and not offend anyone with the random, and sometimes offensive offhand comments I make from time to time. I'd get really tired of having to watch myself all the time. My cousins are great, but we share very few interests. Very little in common. I'm thinking that, even though I have a blast when I'm with them the few times I head down there, I'd totally wear on them if I was around all the time.
Tomorrow is Friday (yes, Thursday is the day I've decided got skipped this week) which means I'm going to Disneyland! Yup, that's right, tomorrow after my half day of work, I'll be jumping in the car with some MoHill fools and heading down to the Happiest Place on Earth for the weekend. I'm actually really looking forward to it, as Disneyland is amazing. One of the few places in the world where I am completely and udderly content with life.
Then I get back Sunday night, and hop on a plane Monday morning for Washington. Business travel...fun times! Should be pretty ok, though. If I can get some wireless at SeaTac, I'll try to MMR from the airport on my layover. It'll be a complete rambling mess, though, since I'm sure I'll be exhausted, having been up since 4am that morning.
I am definately not a morning person...which means me and the working world are in a constant struggle with one another for supremacy. The working world is winning (as evidenced by me showing up at 8am every day for work nowadays).
I was thinking... probably the most pressing debate of our time is the spelling of the word judgement (or judgment, if you prefer shorter words). Honestly, you see it spelled both ways, and both sides of the argument INSIST they are correct. Hell, i spell it both ways, depending on the mood I'm in. So, lets look at this.
JUDGEMENT
JUDGMENT
Shit, I dunno. Let's check the dictionary.
From Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: "judg-ment or judge-ment, 1 a. a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion..." etc.
Shit, THE DICTIONARY HAS BOTH! This is retarded! It can't be both, no way! I guess the spelling judgement is supposed to be the British popular spelling, while judgment is popularly American. But that's stupid too. It's the English language, we'll have to decide on one spelling. Judgement. Done.
The A's are still hanging around in the playoff races...and it's almost July! Go figure... They should trade for CC Sabathia (and use some of their payroll room to sign him for the next 4 or so years...Could you imagine Sabathia, Harden, Duchscherer heading the rotation...jesus).
I had a delicious burrito yesterday out in East San Jose (aka, our "hood"). I love it, when we said we were headed out there for lunch, coworker Ram was all "really, youre going out there??? Hope you come back alive man, that's the ghetto." This prompted me to think to myself "Um, it's San Jose. The "ghetto" in San Jose is like finding imperfections in Jessica Alba. She's no Audrey Hepburn, but shit, why be so critical?
At the golf tournament this weekend, I won a silent auction for a signed 8 x 10 of San Jose Shark Joe Pavelski. It's pretty sweet. Now I just need to get a frame for it.
No more musings...
No comments:
Post a Comment