This will be random, painful to read, and all over the place probably. I just need to clear my head.
Gas prices are ridiculously high. Unfortunately, they haven't yet reached a price where people will stop buying gas and you will see diminishing returns, so it will just keep going up. The market apparently can handle it. Gas will eventually reach a point where it becomes too expensive and the market shifts to one less reliant on gas, but its not there yet...sadly. $5/gallon is in the very near future, and probably even 6 before summer is up. What can change this? Well, if the dollar rebounds and becomes stronger, we might see some relief (since oil prices are based off of the dollar). The only way we'll probably see any real bounce back into sane territory is if the government jumps in and starts regulating again. The oil companies can obviously afford to cheapen gas...a lot...but there's no incentive to. This shit is killing me, though. I love to travel and get out of town...and if this keeps up, I won't be able to afford to. Shitty.
I've decided that I have some really random views on things. I've written about some of them on my blog (the cheating blog comes to mind...which I even had to water down because it became a Chaz and Q piece, and I was representing his views as well. And, well, his views on cheating are even more traditional than mine). Is this bad? Not particularly. But it does make for some interesting conversations at times. As long as people keep an open mind, then it can be fun!
I need more to do at work. And I'm going to get it...very soon. This has jsut been a particularly boring week. Luckily, for me, its almost over, as I'm going to Lancaster tomorrow to see my cousin graduate! Go Nathan! But, back on the original topic, when I have nothing to do at work, but need to get my hours in regardless, it leads to some really long, BORING days. They go slow and drag on forever. But, as I said, rectification comes soon.
I consider it to be too hot when the temperature gets above 92 degrees. I consider it too cold when the temperature gets below 72 degrees. That's not too picky, is it? I mean, all I really ask for is low 80s with a very light breeze! I'm such a Californian.
Girls can be retards quite often. In my never ending quest to figure out something about them (you can never hope to know everything, just bits and pieces), I've realized that girls are just plain irrational. For the most part, they do not have rational brains. So, as a guy, I really can't get mad when they do something so retarded that it makes your brain explode. You just have to realize that this is who they are, and then find ways around it! The stupidest of girl irrationality is the "shit test." This is a test given to guys solely to try to trick them into failing, just so they can have an excuse to not date you...even if they like you! Retarded, right? But you need to figure out how to recognize them as they show up so you can learn to pass them. Its ridiculous, but its the world we live in.
The Blackberry (referred to from here on out as the Crackberry) is super addicting. I get e-mail. I have music on it. It can play videos (supposedly...I'll figure that part out soon). It's my alarm clock. There's games. There's pictures. The calendar keeps me in line. It's a phone, with text and pix messaging. It has internet browsing. It has Yahoo Messenger on it now (I dl'd it today). I can be chatting online, while surfing the web and listening to music...and then answer phone calls or texts if they come in! It's like everything I ever used all rolled into one! I mean, I'm never disconnected from the world. I'm doomed.
The greatest song in the world is Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It just started playing on my Crackberry right now. :)
The more I listen to Obama speak, the more I realize what an idiot, and at the same time a genius, he really is. He doesn't ever say anything in his speeches. I dare you to find one bit of actual policy in his speeches. It's not there! But he knows that putting out his beliefs (which are very partisan and very very liberal) will only get him into trouble. So he's campaigning as a man who wants to "reach across th aisle and work with Republicans and Democrats alike." People want to hear this, and he says it with such grandeur that people go nuts for him. But, his campaign is at odds with his actual policy views...and for that reason (and many many more I won't get into here) he scares the shit out of me as a presidential candidate. I firmly believe he will do more harm to this country than Bush ever has...but that no one will have the intelligence to see through his rhetoric to his actual plans for America. I guess I just have to hope McCain runs a smart campaign and wins over enough people to prevent this.
I am a wise man with a silver tongue. I can twist words around to make even the most mundane things seem interesting, or the most crude of phrases seem beautiful. It's a good skill to have, although I do use my powers for evil from time to time. Usually when I get bored. A bored Q is a dangerous Q.
I believe in karma. It is the only "supernatural" force I believe in. I believe that when you do good things in your life, that good things are more likely to then happen to you. But I believe in a very loose sort of karma...more of a mind over matter thing. Because I do realize that bad things happen to good people. And I do realize that you can't always prevent bad things from happening to you. However, I also believe you can frame your mind to always expect things to work out for you. And when you firmly believe this, you notice that things do start working out for you. I 100% believe that things will always work out as they should. When I start getting all worked up over some perceived roadblock or setback, I just take a deep breath and remind myself that things always work out for me. And then they do!
That's enough musing for me. We'll see if my brain thinks enough to make this a weekly thing. It might become more of a bi-weekly thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment