October 30, 2006

2802 and Me: A Weekend Tale

Oh man, this weekend 2802 Sycamore got back to what it does best...THROWING PARTIES!!! Yeah, we had a halloween party, and a ton of people showed up! I was expecting maybe 50, and I'd guess we got close to 100 different people who wandered through at some point. I went as The Juggernaut of X-Men and internet parody video fame. Everyone was dressed up, as far as I saw, and everyone seemed to be having an amazing time! If you missed this one, you missed an awesome party. The DJ was great, people got out and danced, and almost everyone was quite innebriated (I can think of two people who were not, and one was me, lol).

I'm going to try and have pictures up soon. If you were there and you took them, please send them my way. I'll put a link to them in my profile when I compile the album.

As for me? I actually had a pretty good time. Usually I only have an OK time, since I don't drink, and people can wear on you after a few hours of their non-sober stupidity. But I actually enjoyed myself this time. There were some awesome people there, and I think I made the rounds quite nicely, as I got to talk to and hang out with a lot of different people. I even got to meet some new faces, which in this case was very awesome. All in all, good times were had all around.

So, after getting to bed at 430am because I was chasing people out of my house, I woke up around 11 Sunday morning to clean the house and watch a little football before the parents showed up to take me out to lunch. I had a nice lunch with them, followed by 9 holes of really terrible golf. But it was good to see them nonetheless. Always good to see the family :) After that I had my two hockey games. We tied the first one 3-3, which was sad because we really should have beaten that team. The men's game was tougher, because we were facing the defending champions. They beat us, but we kept it close, falling 5-3 (context: their other two wins this season were 8-4 and 9-1, so we definately held our own). At the end of the game, interestingly enough, Steve tried to clear a puck down the floor through my head. He's got a good wrist shot too, because it ricocheted off my head and up 20 feet into the viewing area on the second story. I didn't realize it when it happened, but it hit me hard enough to open up a nice gash on my forehead...and since foreheads bleed fairly well, i had blood running down my face for the last minute of the game. Pretty intense. I hate losing though, so I was really not too pleased to shed blood in a game I lost. But I guess its an official IM hockey season now though...I always seem to bleed from the head in a game each season.

Now I have this lump on my head and a little cut. The cut is fine, but the lump sucks because its right where I wear my hat, so I'm going to have to wait for the lump to go away before I can wear hats comfortably again. Ah well.

All in all, though, I'd say this was a pretty good weekend. And I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'll actually get some sleep tonight. I've been having problems sleeping lately, and maybe being ridiculously tired will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat your head wound was pretty Savage! When the game was over you had this Rocky moment with blood on your face, just minus a sweet-ass montage!

BTW Your party was super fun and I loved your costume. There's a great Kodak moment of you, michelle and I. It's on michelle's camera so you'll eventually get it!

- Kristina

ZeroIndulgence said...

You're right...I need a montage. Even Rocky had a montage!!!