See the time I'm posting this? 7:02am. Yeah, and I've already showered and such. I hate being up before God gets up.
Why is Congress intervening in baseball? That hearing yesterday was bullcrap. The only point of it seemed to be to poke snide remarks at the game and some of the players we love(d). They did a pretty good job destroying one of the game's legends (McGwire). I really wonder what they are trying to prove with all of this.
I predicted 14/16 games right yesterday in the NCAA tourney's opening day. Not a bad start.
It seems to happen every year. As soon as finals start, it begins to rain again. The forcast right now is seriously from rain from today (Friday) through Monday...the only days I have finals. How appropriate.
Yeah, that's all I have for now. It's too early to really think, so not much is going through my brain. I just had to get those little tidbits off my chest.
1 comment:
Matt:
I watched all of the hearings yesterday instead of studying for finals. The players part really wasn't intrgueing except for some of the questions McG refused to answer. They asked him about andro and steriods, which I agree with you, were not going to be helpful questions. When they asked him if steroids really was cheating, he clammed up, and he was quick to say steriods were bad, but without saying anything as to why. Curt Shilling and Canseco seemed to do a good job killing their own credibility. WIth shilling saying that he didnt know of really any steorid use, but two years ago he went crazy about how much steriods were being used... Canseco kept saying that steriods were bad and had to be stamped out, but in his book he says that they are good and mlb needs to learn to embrace them.
The bigger and more important stuff was when the baseball execuatives were being grilled. They came across looking very silly and disrespectful. The contract they are having the players sign for the drug testing plan has some holes in it, and the execs kept saying that things were actually different than what the contract said. "oh that will never happen, or this really means this" WHile the lawyer congressmen were saying "if its not spelled out in the contract it doesnt exist!" I think the hearings were useful in smacking selig and fehr and those guys. It does suck that Mac came across so bad. Hopefully will cause baseball to really do a better job with the performance enhancing drugs.
Plus, it was really nice to see Dems and Reps getting along so well. That alone was worth it.
Post a Comment