So I had a DMV physical today and I passed! It's good to know that a doctor has declared me healthy enough to sit on my ass for hours on end.
The NCAA tournament is upon us, and once again my eyes turn to college basketball. I love doing the brackets, and this is the ONLY time of year that I actually watch college basketball.
Hey, college basketball is better than the pros!
So I forgot something at home today when I went to campus and had to bus back, Thing was, I needed to run into the house, grab my stuff, and get out and back to teh stop before the bus turned around. It was a sprint, but I made it. I swear I haven't run that hard in a long time (and it wasnt that bad)
OK, maybe just a little bad...
pant...pant...
My doctor at my physical today said I was in "prehypertension"...or was close to the threshold for high blood pressure. I'd like to thank my mom for that!
A gay marriage ban in California was overturned today. As a Republican I should be outraged, but I find myself going more and more liberal on social issues.
I know, I'm scared too...
On the issue of gay marriages, I do believe they should be allowed to be united, but they shouldn't call it marriage. I dunno why, but I believe in the sanctity of marriage as a term used for a union between a man and a woman.
This shouldn't stop gay married couples from getting the same benefits normal married couples do...but it should also be just as hard to get divorced.
Oh, and if you are still worrying about me, don't...I'm still a fiscal conservative.
Heaven and Hell or Caveman...which is a better party theme?
Tilt was a suprisingly good series. Their first season just ended, and I really enjoyed it.
Despite that, poker still isn't a sport.
I'm so disillusioned right now about the Mark McGwire steroid allegations. I've decided I'm against steroids in baseball, and even if he used them before they were illegal, he was still looking for an unfair edge on the competition and thats just wrong. I hope these allegations are false, although I fear they are not.
I need a new hero.
Man, I'm gonna miss this warm weather when it starts raining next weekend.
Oh, and my Social Security card came today, now I can finish up all the Uni-stuff I need to do.
That's all for tonight...enjoy!
4 comments:
As far as politics go, I'm a registered republican, yet I consider myself closer to the libertarian party, which is finically republican, and socially democrat. I find it the best of both worlds. You should look into it.
I'm very strong about gay rights, I while I don't care if it's called gay marriage or not, I think they should at least get the same benefits straight couples do. I'm glad you think so too.
-Julie
Heaven and hell all the way.....way more fun costume possibilities for us girl!! ;)
About Matt's comment on marriage. Now I don't know if this is what he intended, but he seemed to exclude all religions except Roman Catholicism the right to declare two people as married. I would like to simply state my disturbance with this seeing as there are many religions out there that would claim the same right.
What this then becomes is a battle of what defines a religion and allows it the right to decree the title of marriage. At that point, someone who is atheist or agnostic may claim that religion makes no difference and that the ceremony in front of a judge is enough to declare a marriage according to what he/she believes. Thus, for Matt's argument to be as simple as stated, all people (at least in the United States) would have to agree with what defines a religion and therefore what defines a marriage. At this point (at least in my mind) skepticism abounds and the topic becomes somewhat futile to discuss over a blog.
As a point that is more refutable than what I have presented above, I don't really think that church and state are separated as much as might be desired, and marriage is a point of discussion that has little chance of escaping the entanglement of both anytime in the near future. Sorry to disappoint Matt.
-Sameer
as a cold hearted conservative, i believe all should be able to be married, and pay rhe approprite taxes as such.
i am not a fan of homosexuality, but hey to each their own, i am not one to judge.
I will give my stance based on comments i saw on a t-shirt
"I support gay marriage If both chicks are hot"
Dr. Brill
Post a Comment