So last night I get a text from my friend Dustin: "Hey, I'm a the Yankees-A's game and I remembered that we had discussed a baseball road trip. Any interest in still doing that? Found good rates to Milwaukee." The best trips always start with an innocent text message with a suggestion.
Destination: the Northern Midwest. The goal: to see as many baseball games in as many different locations as possible in 8ish days. Awesome!
So the trip would start and finish in Milwaukee, because that is where airfare is cheapest (duh, no one wants to go to Wisconsin). Luckily, Chicago is a mere hour away. And from there, there's a whole world of opportunity!
The preliminary itinerary will pull from the following possibilities!
Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI
Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, IL
Progressive Field, Cleveland, OH
Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA
Also, a trip to Cedar Point in Sardusky, OH will also be on the itinerary. Apparently there is a mass amount of rollar coasters there. Good times!
All in all, the full itinerary could consist of 6 baseball parks and 6 U.S. States! We might cut out one of the games if things get too expensive, we'll have to manage that. But, we have a place to crash in Chicago with one of Dustin's friends, so that should save some coin.
So, now I'm super stoked...and I could be leaving in two weeks! Woot!
I'll keep ya posted on what ends up happening.
2 comments:
if you are going to Wisconsin, why not make a trip up to Green Bay- lots of football history- and now Favre free!
James Brill
Ohh, how exciting. I'm checking out Chicago this winter, I'm planning on taking a lot of my trips based off your trip, so when you go back make good notes.
Post a Comment