There is no commercial currently on TV now that irritates me more than those for the Kia Soul.
I guarantee you've seen them. They involve hamsters. No, seriously, hamsters. But these aren't just any hamsters. They are divided into two groups. There are "regular" hamsters, and then there's "cool" hamsters. How do I know which ones are the "cool" ones? Well, they are wearing hoodies! The "regular" ones are not. Fuck, those hamsters are freaking cool!
So, all the hamsters are driving around on the road and acting like humans. The "regular" hamsters are driving toasters, or washing machines, or cardboard boxes. Man, so lame. I don't want to be a "regular" hamster. The "cool" hamsters, of course, are driving a Kia Soul! Not only are they driving a Kia Soul, but they are rapping about it. They're rapping the song "The Choice is Yours" by Black Sheep. You know, the song that goes "you can get with this, or you can get with that." Of course, "this" is the Kia Soul, and "that" is the toaster, etc.
So, Kia's idea to sell their Scion wannabe car is to use personified hamsters, and to break them into two groups...with the cool ones WEARING FUCKING HOODIES??? OH YEAH, I TOTALLY WANT TO BUY A KIA SOUL NOW! I DESPERATELY HAVE TO BE THAT HAMSTER AND HAVE THAT CAR!
Seriously?
How anyone thinks this is a good idea, I have no idea. It's the kind of commercial concept that would sound awesome when stoned. I can see a couple guys sitting around, smoking pot, and going "you know what would be AWESOME? Hamsters."
"Dude, yeeeeeeeesssss! heh heh heh"
Is that how marketing is done these days? Is the weed covered by the company? Could I expense report that? I mean, come on...GANGSTER HAMSTERS??? Sigh, sometimes I hate my generation.
I think I'm going to have to never, ever buy a Kia of any kind, just as my own, personal protest.
No comments:
Post a Comment