November 13, 2009

Epic Week: The Update

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

This week has, sadly, gotten less epic with the news that the Billy Joel & Elton John concert I was planning on going to this coming Saturday has been postponed due to Elton John's illness. This makes me very sad, as I've been looking forward to this concert for well over a year now. Even worse about this concert being postponed is the timing of the announcement. If I had known I wouldn't have a concert this Saturday back two weeks ago, I could have extended my Sharks road trip to include St. Louis on Saturday night. Alas, it was not meant to be.

The Sharks game on Tuesday night wasn't bad! I mean, a win is a win. And the Sharks scored with 1 minute left in the game to give themselves a 4-3 victory, so that was exciting. Sadly, the rest of the game was lackluster, and the Sharks played sloppy. So that is always sad. But, as I said, a win is a good thing, and I got to see my second favorite flag in the world "Sharks Win!"

The 49ers game on Thursday night was balls cold. Like seriously, there was a bitingly cold wind. But that didn't matter as THE NINERS WON!!! Yeah, that's right, in an offensive showcase, the Niners obliterated the Bears 10-6. Yup, Jay Cutler threw the ball to 49ers defenders 5 times, which was pretty cool! What wasn't cool was that the Niners only turned it into 10 points. But the D was ballin', and held on for epic victory. Getting out of Candlestick is really really shitty, though. We got back to the car at like 8:30, and didn't even get on the freeway until 10:15! 1 hour, 45 minutes to get on the freeway from the park! Re-tar-ded. But twas still worth it for one game! Good times!

So, today is Friday, which is nice. The week is pretty much over. I might try to go see The Boondock Saints 2 tonight, since it will probably be epic. Saturday I'll get some sleeping in going on, and watch the Sharks on TV that evening. Sunday I will get on a plane and head to Chicago. My flight is at like 7:30am, gets me in at 1:30pm, which will leave me enough time to cab it to the hotel, get checked in, get some rest, meet up with the guys I'm meeting out there, and get some dinner before heading over to the United Center for the 6pm game and Jeremy Roenick ceremony. Pretty awesome.

Monday will be spent exploring the city (assuming I haven't been shanked by unruly Blackhawks fans). Then a Monday evening flight home, leaving at 6:15ish, and getting in around 8:45ish. So, yeah, should be a fun enough weekend, despite there being no concert.

No comments: