I believe it was two years ago. My truck had been running poorly. Its old serpentine belt had been showing many signs of wear and needed to be replaced. It spark plugs needed to be replaced. The poor thing just really needed a good tune-up.
That is when the squeak began. I got the truck back from the mechanic, and the engine was squeaking. Now, this would worry most people, but I just assumed it was the new belt squeaking, and it just needed to be worked in a bit and it would be fine. I was only half right.
The belt was the issue, but it did not go away. Ever. But I'm lazy, it didn't affect performance, and with my music on, I didn't hear it anyways, so I let it ride. And let it ride. And let it ride...
Soon it became something of a calling card. Everyone knew when I was coming up, because they could hear my truck coming from the next block over. My truck literally announced my arrival. It irritated the hell out of other drivers on the road. But you know what, fuck them...elitist bastards. Just because they had a car or truck that didn't squeak made them better than me...allowed to judge me? Bullshit. My truck is a beast. No one else's car announced their arrival. That's importance right there.
Unfortunately, my truck's squeak got worse as the belt got older. It was starting to annoy me in that I could hear it over my music on the freeway. No fun. So, this weekend, a new serpentine belt was put in...by my dad and me. The canary under my hood has officially sung its last song. The truck no longer squeaks.
I must say, I'm a little bittersweet about this. Its nice to finally have actually done something about it. But, at the same time, my truck no longer lets people know I am coming. Of course, this means I can sneak up on people now. My truck is hella sneaky and stealthy. Almost like a ninja truck, only red. Now yall will have to watch out! Never know when I might be around the corner, or sneaking up behind you!
Farewell, squeaky truck. We have now entered the era of stealth truck!
No comments:
Post a Comment