August 24, 2009

MMR: Q's "The Meaning of Life"

First off, I want to say that last week's MMR was a product of extreme bordom, not wanting to just write another typical Ab Feed write-up, and the fact that my brain comes up with some truly random shit sometimes. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Today I figured I'd go ahead and solve the meaning of life...since so many people seem to spend so much time on it, i figured it might be important for me to clear some things up. I figured out the meaning of life a long time ago. It seemed so obvious that I didn't bother sharing it with anyone because I figured everyone had figured it out by now. I mean, I'm pretty smart, but I'm not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. Someone should have figured this out before me.

Also, "What is the meaning of life" is a very broad and all encompasing question. As is the case with questions as such, the answer is usually broad, vague, and all-encompasing. It will offer no satisfaction whatsoever, which is probably the reason no one realizes this is the answer.

The meaning of life is to find meaning in one's own life. Jesus, that was unsatisfying even to type. Sadly, it is the truth. There is no single overriding meaning to all of life. Its evolution. We're here. So are giraffes. But no one ever asks what the meaning of their lives are...its just accepted that they are here. Sometime, I think, higher intelligence is a detriment...I mean, a giraffe doesn't spend time wondering why he is here, he just accepts that he is and eats leaves and poops and generally does what he does. But because we can think and (well, some of us) can rationalize things...we want to rationalize why we are here. But that's just it. There is no "why." Thus, the point of our lives ends up being...finding a point to our lives. Kinda anti-climactic, eh?

So, when the question becomes "what is the meaning of my life," well, it becomes a very personal question. And the answer will differ for everyone.

Anyways, I was thinking about this last night when I couldn't sleep. Yes, I'm on one of those kicks again. Although last night I think it had more to do with the unrelenting itchiness of my hundreds of mosquito bites (effing Williams), and my allergies running amok (see previous parenthetical exclamation), than it did with my brain running away with me.

The mosquitos in Williams right now are relentless. I haven't been bitten this bad in ages. I wasn't even supposed to be in Williams this weekend (although, since my Lake Tahoe camping trip had been cancelled, I really had nothing better to do this weekend), but I ended up having to drive Jimmy B up there after an unfortunate sequence of events led to his car being salvaged. Those sequence of events will be listed below:

~Jimmy B leaves Ventura for Chico, deciding to stop in Campbell to visit me on the way.
~Jimmy B shows up during rush hour traffic.
~There is an accident on my off-ramp.
~There is a giant SUV in front of Jimmy B.
~The SUV stopped dead in the lane.
~Jimmy B did not.
~Jimmy B was in a small car...that ended up underneath the SUV. Doing this breaks the radiator and smashes in the entire front end.
~The repair bill wouldda been 5500 bones...the car was worth 1.5Gs at best.
~Jimmy B's insurance did not have collision on the car, so it wasn't covered.
~The car was salvaged for a small payment.

Anyways, this left Jimmy B in Campbell with all his stuff he was moving back to Chico, and no car. So, the brothers mobilized. I got Friday off work and drove Jimmy B and all his stuff up to Williams, where Bubs had a car waiting for him to borrow. Thus, I ended up in Williams for the weekend, where I got eaten alive by mosquitos.

I guess that's about it for now. I know I'm behind on Q's Adventures. I just wanna do it with pictures, which means doing it from Home...and I never blog from there. I'll get around to it.

Until next time...

No comments: