June 23, 2009

(T)MMR: Life, The Universe, and Everything

So, this week's MMR is coming your way on a Tuesday, because I was at a golf tournament yesterday. I was there all day, and didn't really do anything else. So, this MMR was postponed til today. I've decided to make it one of those hodgepodge, random blogs where I just kinda talk about whatever comes across my brain.

The title of this blog is stolen from the title of the third book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I don't really plan on talking about the book, although the entire series has been delightfully goofy and hilareous, but I thought it was a good title for a blog about everything and nothing at the same time.

So I fell asleep at like 11:30 last night. Earliest I've been asleep in ages. I think all it takes for me to fall asleep early is 1) I get 4 hours of sleep the night before; and 2) I spend all day in the sun playing golf. Clearly this is the magic formula. I woke up on my own at 7:15 this morning. My body was all "hey Q, its time to wake up. We've been asleep for 8 hours." So I replied, "wtf? its still hella early." And my body was all "so, we've slept long enough. It's time to be awaaaaaaakkkkkkeeeeeee!!!" So I ignored my body and went back to sleep for an hour. Then woke up, showered, and came into work. I am now tired. I think my body is spite-ing me for my extra hour of sleep.

My team got second place in a golf tournament yesterday. Kinda sweet. Only one stroke short of first, so not too bad.

Pops fronted me the cash for a new driver. Its sweet. And huge. And hella light in weight. Once I figure out how to hit it consistantly, I'll be pretty ballin.

I got pretty tan yesterday being out in the sun playing golf. I have a sweet sock tan line, a sweet farmer's tan line, and a sweet necklace white line where my pooka shells sat all day. It's pretty funny. Oh, and I'm starting to get a killer racoon eyes look from my shades. Very nice!

I leave for Las Vegas on Thursday. It should be pretty awesome. Staying at the Wynn, going to see Ka...and then of course there's the gambling and the drinking. So, yeah, should be pretty awesome.

So, as you all know, my favorite holiday is 4th of July. I was thinking of throwing one of my annual pool parties this year, and then Jason and Crystal planned a Lake Tahoe trip instead, and now I don't think anyone will be around to hang out in MoHill. Sad times. My parents invited over the Piccardos and the Strambacks...and I'm sure plenty others. So there will at least be some people around to have good times with. And Lake Tahoe would be a cool place to do 4th of July from, but I'm just not sure I can afford it. Like, seriously, I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend. That's not cheap. I'm pretty sure, unless I do well at the tables or something, that I won't be able to do another weekend trip the very next weekend. We'll see. Still kind of a dick move, though.

Its finally starting to feel like summer, though. Besides the weather (which is finally warming up), I'm starting to get into summer travel mode again. Vegas this weekend, an Oregon week trip in a few weeks. Camping in Ocean Cove and Lake Tahoe in August. And I also want to squeeze in a Ventura weekend to go see Jimmy B, and a Disneyland weekend. I also have a few concerts coming up. It's finally summer, which is a good thing!

I think that will do it for today, because I'm tired of typing. Until next time...


Q's Challenge: Week 16

I'm going to add in Monday to last week, because to me, it was still the weekend.

1. I started watching a new Web Show: Big props to Christy for this one. She introduced me to a web show being shown on Hulu called Dorm Life...and it is hilareous. Think The Office (in style...hows its being shot documentary style), but in a college dorm setting. Its pretty amazingly funny.
Grade: GLORIOUS! Nuff said.

2. New Steak Marinade attempted: So for father's day I went out home and cooked dinner for my dad. I decided to have Ribeye steak and corn. When thinking about how to cook the steak, I decided to come up with my own recipe for the marinade, and just kinda fooled around with it until it was right. It was a Worcestershire Sauce base, with brown sugar, garlic, and ginger mixed in...with a splash of olive oil. And it ended up being delicious. DELICIOUS!
Grade: Glorious!

3. Won a trophy in a golf tournament. Yeah, I've never done that before.
Grade: Glorious.

Yeah, it was a pretty good week :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

No BBQ in Mo Hill?! Sadness. I'll be in the parade in the morning and probably head down to Jessica's beach house after. My invite for Tahoe must have gotten lost in the mail :-P

ZeroIndulgence said...

Hahaha, yeah, I'm sure it did :-P. I might stick around MoHill, we'll see.