June 08, 2009

MMR: Don't Drink and Draw

One of my favorite artists these days, if you couldn't tell by the name of this post, is Michael Godard. For those of you lacking in culture, Michael Godard is known for his paintings of personified martini olives. The title of this post was stolen directly from the title of his book of his art. His paintings are just very amusing to me. The subject matter, of course, is ridiculous. But his use of bright colors and well known settings really appeals to me.


Prayin' On Sevens - I know all too well about hoping for good dice rolls at the craps table.

If you were to ever stop by my apartment, you would see a Godard wall, with a few godard posters. Three of them are mine, and three of them are Jason's. Everntually I will acquire more, and maybe even, when I save enough money, go out and get some bigger prints to hang on the wall.


The Heist - Those are some badass olives!

Godard has an Oh My Godard gallery in Las Vegas that I love to go browse through when I'm in town. That's where I first saw the book that the title of this blogpost is stolen from (and almost bought, but the hardcover edition is like 80 bucks). His works on canvas have much more texture and depth to them, and it makes them even more amazing.


Key To Paradise - Oh how I want to go back to the tropics.
Anyways, after being called by Bubs and told he bought me the book this blogpost is named after (he found a much cheaper paperback version of the book...what a good friend!), I thought I should share my love of Michael Godard with you. I added in three of my favorite paintings of his here in this blogpost for your enjoyment. If you like what you see, look him up.
Q's Challenge: Week 14
Another light week. But I did get some new things in!
1. Worked out 5 days in a row, and 6 of 7: I may have actually already worked out 5 days in a row before...but I know I haven't done 6 of 7. I'm becoming a machine. I'm also becoming worn down and tired. Which is good and bad...it's helping me sleep at night...but being perpetually tired isn't as fun. Eh, its a means to an end. And I've already lost 10 pounds over the last 2 weeks or so. It's a start.
Grade: Meh. All workout related new things will be Meh.
2. Made Up a New Beef Recipe: For my beef this weekend, I cut it into thin slices, then put a dry rub on it that I made up on the fly. It contained 4 different kinds of pepper, some salt, some granulated garlic, and some chinese 5 spices. I let the dry rub sit for like an hour, and then marinated the pieces 15 minutes per side in my Tariyaki marinade, and then threw it in the pan to cook it up. And, the technique actually worked brilliantly. The dry rub didn't come off in the marinade, and everything stayed on through the cooking...which was perfect. I need to work on my dry rub, though...as it was pretty damned spicy. Probably too spicy for most of the people I would ever cook for.
Grade: Pretty good! I'm pleased the technique worked well...and I still found it delicious, but I can handle my spice!
3. Golfed at a new Golf Course: Sunday I golfed with The Local Legend at the Santa Teresa Golf Course. I'd never played there before. It's not a bad course either...many challenging and/or longer holes. Played as a Par 71, which is right up there as an actual course size. Some interesting holes up in the hills. Also, I just happened to golf the best round of my life, shooting an 89...which was pretty sweet. Maybe I'll start finally getting better at this game!
Grade: Glorious. I love going out golfing. When its not frusterating, it can be rather relaxing.

No comments: