July 09, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon Musings

The smoke has returned to the valley. It was so nice and clear over the weekend! But, alas, High pressure set in, the coastal breeze went away, and all the stupid smoke from the fires we can't seem to put out came back. I guess I should be glad I don't live in the central valley, where the smoke is super thick and disgusting (rather than just a minor annoyance here in the silicon valley).

Oh, and speaking of high pressure, its fargin hot! Well over 100. Too hot for my tastes. Supposed to get to 107 in Morgan Hill today. I guess I should be glad, once again, that I'm not still in the central valley, though. Supposed to get to a buck seventeen in williams. Ugh.

Hahahaha, the LOW temperature tonight in Death Valley is supposed to be 93! That's kinda hot for a HIGH!!! Ugh. Man, this is why I could never live in the desert. Pheonix? Barstow? Mojave? No thanks!

I can't see the hills out my window because of all the stupid smoke and the heat. So gross. But, I'm going to Ventura this weekend, so that should be gorgeous!

Have I mentioned yet that I'm leaving for Cozumel next week? No? Not today at least... Yup, I'm leaving for Cozumel in, what, 8 days? Man, that should be nice!

I have an itch to go to Seattle for a weekend. I think it was flying over the city on my way to and (moreso) from Richland a few weeks ago. It really is a pretty city, and I think spending a weekend there would be a blast! Maybe in September...

I also have an itch to go to Hawaii again. And more specifically Kauai. Luckily, I think that's next summer's vacation! Wooooo!

The A's traded away Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin yesterday to the Cubs. They got back some spare parts. I'll try to reserve judgement for now, but on first take, I hate this trade. Harden, when healthy, is a top 3 pitcher in the entire sport. Yeah, he has a nasty injury history, but even accounting for that, we should have been able to get back at least one projectable piece! We'll see. Maybe Murton will stick in the OF, Patterson will stick at 2B, and Gallagher will become a good, middle of the rotation starter. I sure hope so! We gave up quite a bit for them!

I'm burnt out, I'm gonna close these musings out now with a quote from the immortal George Carlin: "I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."

If that didn't make you laugh, you have no sense of humor! Keep laughing!

No comments: