July 14, 2008

MMR: Checked Out

Remember back to a time when you were in grade school. Summer was approaching, and you only had two weeks left until glorious freedom. Freedom from the tyranny of having to go to school every day. Freedom from the structure and schedule of the work-week. How did you feel? Well, if anyone was like me, you felt like you were already gone. Checked out, I believe, is the proper term. You were already in summer vacation mode, and driving your teachers CRAZY!

That's how I feel right now.

For me, though, being "checked out" is a bit different than the normal experience. Right now I'm checked out because I'm a mere 3 days away from leaving for Cozumel. But I've been checked out for the past week. It was a weird day when it happened, let me try to recount it for you.

I was sick over the weekend of July 4th. During that weekend, my brain, fearing infection, said to me "hey, look Q, I'm the fuck out. Get better and I'll see you in a bit."

"Where are you going?" I ask my brain.

"Away from your disease. I don't want to get sick for our vacation. Peace!" And out the window my brain floated.

I got a call from my brain last Wednesday, and he told me he decided to head to Cozumel a bit early. Apparently its beautiful there, very relaxing, and he eagerly awaits my arrival.

So, yeah, my brain is in Cozumel. It physically picked up and left me. And I'm stuck here until Thursday, when I can finally board a plane and go be rejoined with it. So, if I seem a little distant, disoriented, or anything of the sort, just realize I'm headed on vacation in a few days and have already checked out.

This is all my brainless head can muster for an MMR today. We'll be back in full force after my vacation!

No comments: