The MMR is BACK BABY! Yes, after taking a week off because I was chillin in the Caribbean, I'm back at the office, and therefore depressed enough to start ranting again.
First off, I want to express how lucky I am to live in California, and more specifically the Bay Area. I live in a very nice place. So nice, in fact, that it dulls some of the pain of not being in the Caribbean right now. I mean, the weather outside right now is GORGEOUS! It helps...
This was my first trip to the Caribbean, and I must say, I fell in love with it instantly. Hawaii used to always be my default tropical go-to spot. But I dunno. For one, the water in the caribbean is super super clear, and super warm. It was like bath water warm. And you could see down like 100 feet (if you were in water that deep). It just makes for a much more gorgeous ocean experience than Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, Hawaii is awesome. But the Caribbean is spectacular.
Cozumel was ridiculously flat, though. For a chillin on the beach drinking and relaxing location, it was awesome! There's not much for sight seeing, though. The Hawaiian Islands are very unique and have some amazing things to do on them. Cozumel is flat and jungly, mostly.
I would be very interested to try out some of the other islands in the Caribbean. PG said the beaches in the Dominican Republic are awesome. So, somewhere like that, with great beaches, would be pretty darned cool. That will be for another time, though.
I think I'm going to try to learn Spanish. I was picking up quite a bit by the end of my trip, and it would be a good skill to have. We'll see. It would be something to keep me occupied in the evenings.
Anyways, my mind is wandering quite a bit. SO I'll call it there. If you want to hear stories from my trip, or see the 300 or so pictures I took, hit me up.
1 comment:
jungly- i love this term
JMB
Post a Comment