December 17, 2007

MMR: ..........?

So, it's Monday. Late on Monday. Way too late to be writing a Monday MORNING Rant. And here's the issue, I have nothing to rant about today. Don't you hate when that happens? You want to write something, be it a blog or a paper or an e-mail, and have no idea what to write about? It's really annoying.

I wonder what causes writer's block. Maybe there's just nothing going on in my head right now. I always try to clear my head by writing so I can sleep. So, I guess that wouldn't be too bad a thing if my head isn't screaming at me when I try to get to sleep. I've been sleeping rather well, lately. A bonus! I rarely sleep well.

What else could I rant about? Sometimes I rant about politics, because most pols are fucking morons. But, the presidential candidate I am currently supporting is doing rather well for himself. And no one has said anything overly stupid that I'm aware of recently. So, really, no rant there.

I could rant about having to go to work all the time. But, really, I have a pretty cake job. Office jobs are sweet, and I have the office running rather well right now. Also, with it being the holidays, there's less for me to do, and I only have 4 more days of work before I take some time off for christmas and new years. Also, if I wasn't working, I'd be bored as fuck every day. So, all in all, not so bad.

I could rant about how I have very few friends living in the area and I'm perpetually bored. But, I've ranted on that in the past. Besides, I get out of town on most weekends, or find something around town to keep me busy. So, it ends up being ok. Not great, but ok. Besides, I'm hoping to be getting out of town a bit more after the new year. And I get to go to Vegas in a few weeks. So, really, I'm doing quite a bit.

I've ranted about how impossible girls are to understand (and, really, my inability to break out of the friend-zone with anyone) quite prevalently in the past. And I'm not really feeling any animosity in that area right now. I've either come to terms with my place in the world, or I'm sensing a turn around in my luck. I'm not sure I've decided which is the reason, yet. Although I think the next two weeks will clear things up quite a bit. But, still, nothing to rant about at present.

I laid down like 4 rants last week, and I posted a topic on MySpace that was meant to provoke discussion (although I got only one response...not exactly the hard hitting discussion I was hoping for...despite the one post being rather well thought out). I guess I'm out of things to rant about.

Shit.

The next two Monday Morning Rants will most likely be suspended. Next week is Christmas Eve (I might write something on the Eve, but we'll see). The following week is New Year's Eve, and I'll be in Vegas (and definately won't be blogging...or sober). However, I plan to get my year in review out at some point next week (think Wednesday the 26th). So you won't have to go too long without my "amazing" writing.

And I'll try to come up with some better things to rant about before the next MMR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, i miss hanging out with you and kent. what happened to the year in review?

James Brill

Anonymous said...

The Last Shogun... destroyer of empires, instiller of fear in men and sheep. Tequila war will be on!

~Emeritus

ZeroIndulgence said...

The Year in Review will be out next week, James. You couldda hung out with us this weekend in Williams, but noooooooooooo, you had to write a paper! Booooooooooooo school!

And you don't stand a chance in a Tequila war with me, Emeritus. I'll destroy you the same way I've destroyed past empires. IT. IS. ON!