I'm feeling increasingly trapped here in MoHill. Presently, I'm working for my dad in his office, which is cool and all. Its an ok job...not what I wanna be doing for the rest of my life, but its ok to fill the void right now. However, there really isn't much for me to do around here. I have one friend in the area, and he's engaged and working as an EMT and trying to get through his paramedic stuff. Not exactly free to hang out much.
My mom says "you just need to go out and make new friends." But where, exactly, should I be meeting these new friends? Should I just be walking up to the cool kids on the street and asking "hey, wanna be my friend." It doesnt really work like that. I work with 9 other guys who are all my dad's agish. Not exactly a great place to make friends. Then I come home and play video games (we'll get to this one in a sec) to actually get a chance to spend time doing something with some friends, and then I go to bed. Not exactly conducive to making new friends.
So, I am stuck looking forward to playing WoW as my only way of hanging out and getting to do things with friends. Not that I get to do this easily, as I get the dirtiest looks and snide comments every time I log in. I guess my parents don't think playing video games with my friends is a good use of my time in the evenings...although laying there watching TV or a movie is ok. Go figure...
This means my one outlet to my friends is one I get nothing but grief about.
As much as I hate Davis as a town, I love my friends there. I don't mind the working thing. Its fine. Its the fact that I have nothing fun to come home to that bugs me. If I was doing this same thing, but I was in Davis, at least when I got home from work at 6 or whatever I could hang out with friends for a few hours before bed. And then my weekends would be open to have fun with them too. To keep from going too crazy, I've been taking refuge in Davis every other weekend. This is pretty expensive gas-wise, but if I didn't go up there, I'd lose it.
However, then I get this feeling that giving up my current job with my dad's office would be a mistake monitarily. I mean, I'm making ok money, and I HAVE the job right now. It's like a trap. I have a job in a place I don't wanna be in, but feel sensibly it would be a mistake to give it up. However, I know if I don't give it up, I'll go nuts.
BAH!
I'll need to talk to my dad after the NRC leaves this week and ak him to start looking for a permanent replacement for the job I'm temping in right now. And I need to start applying to jobs in the Sacramento area. Anything that will make me, you know, 1200-1500 bucks a month (which isnt too much) I can survive on...and then I'll be with the people I'm happiest around.
But for now, I'm stuck...
1 comment:
Sorry, haven't read this for a while, little out of the loop. I didn't know you were in Morgan Hill. The next time I'm out doing wild and crazy fun things, I'll give you a call. Plus I still have that A's jersey for you.
Julie
Post a Comment