March 30, 2007

New Week, New Issues

In this week's issue of what's going through Pat's brain...we take a closer look at why he can't seem to be happy at work, his deepest darkest fear, and what's on his weekend agenda for the next few weeks.

And no, I'm not going to type this whole thing in the 3rd person. I'm not quite that vain...yet.

Lets tackle the first two all at once, since they are related. I want to start by saying that I don't mind my job itself. I mean, I'm typing this from work right now, so clearly I'm not too terribly busy. However, being an administrative assistant really isn't something I enjoy. I need the money, and it helps pay for my bills and my lavish lifestyle (I roll large...), but here's the fear...I worry I'm going to end up doing something like this for the rest of my life. Not specifically working as a lackey in my dad's office for the rest of my life, but doing something I don't enjoy because I need to pay the bills and keep myself (and eventually, hopefully, a family...although I wont have to worry about that for some time) afloat. I mean, I can always look for new jobs while I'm in my current one. But its pretty hard to leave a secure job for a new one. Its the risk factor. I guess I just need to take more risks.

But yeah, thats my biggest fear in life right now, being stuck doing something I don't enjoy for the rest of my life. Like, seriously, I'm already tired of working and I've been doing it for, what, a month and a half? I have, at best, 40 years ahead of me like this. There's gotta be something better.

As for my weekend plans. I might go to Davis today. I still need to make that decision here in the next half hour or so. Then on Sunday I'm hanging out with the Piccardos and watching Wrestlemania! That should be fun!

Next weekend is easter weekend. I'll be in San Diego from Thursday through Monday. Then I have to fly home that Monday afternoon, and I'm going to the A's home opener that night. Woot!

Then the next weekend I will spend in Oakland watching the A's crush the Yankees!

Fun times are ahead. Call me if you want to join in my fun!

That is all...enjoy the sun!

No comments: