February 26, 2007

Entering the Working World...for now.

Lets take a look back at one's life and the changes in schedule one goes through in its different stages...

At 7am, I am...

As a baby: Awake and crying because I'm hungry, or scared, or bored, or just plain want attention.
As a kid: Waking up and getting ready for elementary school.
As a teenager: Already on the road and headed towards High School.
In college: Asleep for the last 3 or 4 hours, and probably will be asleep for another 5.
After college: Waking up to get ready for work.

And college is supposed to prepare us for the real world?

The biggest and hardest change I've had to endure between college and work is the schedule change. I get up around 7:30am to be in at work by 9am. In college, for 4 1/2 years, my schedule was to go to bed between 2 and 4am, and wake up between 11 am and 1 pm. Classes between noon and 6, and then home to have fun, maybe do homework if necessary, and chill. If you notice, both schedules cover about the same number of hours in a day, and the same number of hours of sleep. In college I slept from 2-11 (9 hrs.). Now that I'm working, I'll sleep from 11-730 (8.5 hrs). Thats pretty darn close. But, I have noticed that no matter how much sleep I get, the earlier in the morning I have to wake up, the tireder I am.

I could get 5 hours, wake up at noon, and feel ok. I could get 10 hours, wake up at 6am, and be crazy-tired. Its insane. I just really am not a morning person.

I also notice that I get bored in my job pretty easily. Doing the same things over and over again gets boring. My best, fastest days are when I have a buncha different things to do throughout the day. In the future, I'm gonna need a job that keeps be going and has many different tasks involved. I get bored too easily.

Now, I don't miss school. I miss living in Davis, where all my friends are (not the town itself, Davis is a horrible wretch of a town)...but school is overrated and I was tired of it. However, I'm not sure the working world is the great "CHANGE" I was seeking. I was ready for a change, to be doing something different fr0m sch0oling...but I'm pretty sure this isn't the change I was looking for. I mean, the job isn't bad, and the guys in the office are great. But I definately don't want to be an Administrative Assistant my whole life.

For now, I'll just say that I miss my friends and I wish I was working out of Davis so I could at least hang out with them after work. Other than that, the working world is ok.

Well, I better get back to work...

1 comment:

tallbladeofgrass said...

I totally hear you about the waking up time. I could go to bed at 8am and wake up at 11am and be totally rested. But if I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 6, I'm dead to the world.