Its getting to be that time of the year. You know, the end of it.
Anyways, I always put out my year in review on the site, and this year will be no difference. But I'm feeling lazy and don't wanna do the research myself this year. I will if I have to, however, maybe you all can help. This blog is only a diary without readers, and thats super lame, so without you there would be no Pat's Rants. Thus, I'm shoving the responsibility to you...
What I'm looking for is...
~Major Events from 2006 in the nation and the world
~Major events from the sporting world
~Major events in my life (I know, its my life, but if you were there for something epic, remind me of it...I'm getting old)
~Notable passings, both personal (to me or to you, I'll include anyone you want me to) and famous (like Peter Boyle, who passed away today, and Lamar Hunt, who also passed away today...may they rest in peace...)
~Anything else of note I missed.
I want to cover it all. 2006 was an interesting year, lets take a look back together...
(watch, I'll get like 2 comments, one from my parents telling me to send this to a newspaper and one from like dan saying that he reads this and refuses to do my bidding...love you guys! lol)
4 comments:
Test post - I can't get my comments to post, so I'm trying a different browser
You should send this to a newspaper ;-) (you asked for it!)
Major events:
- How about your favorite? Dems take control of House and Senate; although through a majorly weird quirk of fate the Reps may get the Senate back...
- How about Boise State NOT going to the BCS Championship game?
- How about the renaming of the Delta Center in Salt Lake City (ok so this isn't major)
- since major events are in the eye of the beholder - a major event in the lives of the family cats - the arrival of The Titan :-o
- And of course we cannot forget the most monumental event of 2006 - Pat Quinn graduates from UC Davis!!!! :-) :-) :-)
So far I've only been able to post using IE 7 (PC only). For those with macs, I'm trying this on the current version of Safari (Netscape adn IE failed). If you see this then you'll know it worked....
The Jags beat the Colts. I consider that to be major sweetness (as you and Tom have turned me into a rabid Jags fan). Other than that, the only thing I know about is soccer... and the World Cup kinda sucked. Italy v. France.. whoopadeedo. Then, to top it off, Zidane, once one of the classiest, most well respected players in the world (and a childhood idol of mine) pulls the stupidest stunt ever while his team still has a chance to win. Way.to.go.
Post a Comment