When I first sat down to start looking through the year's events to put together my 2006 Year in Review, I was not too impressed with the events of 2006. It seemed like a rather boring year.
In the world, it was mainly the continuation of major stories from last year: Iraq War, Israel v. Palestine, North Korea pisses off the US, Militant Islamic Terrorists get pissed off at everyone...same shit, different year...
In the sports world, there were some winners (Steelers, Heat, Cardinals, etc.), and some losers (Bode Miller), but nothing stood out...at first..
And personally, I really didn't do my this year. I graduated, I wombled along in school before my graduation. I played WoW, I went on one vacation, and my brother died. Kinda shitty.
But then I looked a little deeper, and there was some crazy shit that happened this year. Anyone remember Vince Young's amazing comeback against USC in the Rose Bowl last January? How about the St. Louis Cardinals being led to the World Series Crown by their littlest player? There was the tragedy in the Sago Mine in West Virginia, and the Democrats took Congress (and Al Qaeda is taking credit! hooray for the party of the terrorists!). Oh, and if no one noticed, Israel's PM Ariel Sharat fell into a coma in February and has yet to wake up. Oh, and I graduated from college, which was pretty sweet.
2006, while not being a flashy or particularly eventful year in the life of Patrick Quinn still had some amazing things happen in it.
So, check back next week, when I finally finish and post my Year in Review. Hopefully someone besides myself will find it as entertaining as I hope it will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment