After blitzing through a week in Davis (I'll get back to that in a second), I am home again in Morgan Hill for the weekend. The weekend began for me Thursday night when I rushed home from class to drive to Tony's for Smackdown! Got there around 8:30, and I hadn't missed much. That wasn't the important part though. Got to see my buddy Tony, Mrs. P, and my buddy Chris. Chris looked better than I last left him. He was up and about. He didn't really fall asleep during wrestling as he had done last week. As a matter of fact, he looked as he has for the last few months. Which was very encouraging. After seeing him last week and talking to some people, 1-2 weeks seemed like a long shot. Now, I feel much better and think he's still in better shape. All we can do is hope for the best. I'm sure your thoughts and prayers are working wonders, so keep them coming.
Let's go back in time from here to this past week in Davis. I got back to Davis on Saturday afternoon and right away there was things to do. Been spending a lot of time (ok, all of my time) with Kent, Tom, and Jack! And, JIMMY WAS BACK! He survived field school and looked to be in good shape. It was great to see that kid, I had missed him these past few months. Saturday night we went swimming at Jakkers' place (with Jonelle, who decided to accompany us), which was very nice. Sunday we went out and saw Wedding Crashers. Now, this was my third time this summer seeing this movie, and it was just as good as every other time I had seen it. It is such an incredible comedy,a nd if you have yet to see it WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? STOP READING AND GO NOW!!!
Monday night it was back to the pool. This time Jonelle was replaced with Bette, whom I had never met. She fit right in with us though! Definately a cool chick. The pool is an awesome place to hang out in the evenings. I'm glad we have that option at Jack's place, it is a really nice pool. Tuesday was Dollar scoop night at Baskin Robbins, so we really couldn't pass that up. Tom, Jack, Bette, Alicia and her roomies, and myself feasted on an assortment of flavors. It was actually very nice being as Davis is always a MILLION degrees! Of course, the ladies took off after ice cream, so us guys hung out that evening (even going for a nice long walk out to Erna's place). Wednesday was BBQ night! The guys of 2802 hosted a BBQ of epic proportions. Tom made pork chops, Kent grilled up some sausages, and I added an exquisite Pasta Salad! Jonelle and Erna joined Tom, Kent, James, Jack and I for this feast. Afterwards we walked out to a local park and played some football in the dark followed by hanging out on the play equipment there. After we went home, Jonelle left and Emily showed up. The guys threw on a movie, and I retired to the front yard to watch the beginnings of the meteor shower. It was definately incredible. Davis has less light pollution than Morgan Hill does, so we saw some good stars, and some awesome shooting stars (make a wish!). Once people left the movie, Kent, Jack and I walked up the road into the country to watch the stars and chat. Definately an awesome evening.
This brings us to Thursday and Smackdown!
Friday (today) I went to work for my daddy. They had plenty for me to do there, as I had been out all week, so work seemed to go by pretty fast. Had an excellent lunch with the pops and Samara at the Elephant Bar. After work I came home. Today I found out two important things, though. First, I found out what I need to participate in the abalone dive next weekend. I have a list of equipment to buy/rent, and assuming the local dive shops can help a brother out, I'll be hunting down the mighty mollusk in the great Pacific Ocean next weekend! I can hardly wait!
Second, I think it's almost a certainty that I will be going to Hawaii once again next summer! The family tossed around some dates and such, and it looks like June 2006 will end with me on the Big Island of Hawaii. I think we will be going June 20 - July 1. Home just in time for the 4th in MoHill! I'm stoked! I haven't been to the Big Island since I was like 10.
Now, I know what you are thinking: "After a week like that, how can you possibly have anything awesome to do this weekend?" Well, my friend, this weekend may just top this week. Tomorrow I will be at AN day at the colliseum. AN, of course, is Athletics Nation, the A's online blog community that I am a part of. I have met a few awesome ANers already, so I am excited to meet the rest of them tomorrow. And, we're getting fed! AN has the BBQ plaza tomorrow, so we're gonna be chowing down on BBQ before the game! Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday! And after the game, I may get a real treat! My good friend Nathan Sheffield has returned from Sweden! He's been gone for a whole 2 years! And, if he is up to it tomorrow (i.e. barring jetlag and such) I'm gonna get to hang out with my good friend tomorrow evening! I can't wait to see him. I missed him so much (even though we have kept in tough with regular letters), and it will be awesome to see him again! Hopefully he'll be up for it.
Sunday, (or, if I don't get to hang out with Nathan, Saturday night), I shall return to Davis with a full week ahead of me, I am sure.
____________________________________
And in other news (eg. the more random portion of this entry)...
~I got some very positive feedback on my last post about Chris. And although I painted a little dimmer a picture of Chris than has turned out to be true since seeing him again, I definately appreciate the feedback. It's always nice to know some people out there are reading this stuff. So, yeah, keep reading, and keep sending me feedback, either in person or on the message board. I love hearing what you all think!
~Grats to the A's for taking over 1st place in the West. Hopefully they won't lose it! GO A'S!!!
~If you are in Davis during the week and need things to do, gimme a call. Chances are, something is happening. If it isn't we'll make something happen. Remember, even though we are all working and/or going to school, its still summer, so we need to get out there and enjoy it!
~A big welcome back to Nathan. I mentioned this above, but it is so great to have you back buddy!
That's all for me tonight. Keep Chris in your thoughts, and keep reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment