March 23, 2013

Another Mountain to Conquer!

This is Mt. Whitney


It is the tallest peak in the entire lower 48 of the United States, a 14,505 ft. above sea level.  I just got a permit to hike to the top of it on June 8.  Looks like it's time for another adventure!

I wonder what being on top of the country is like...and I wonder what will be left to conquer once Whitney has fallen...

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Jealous. I'm aiming for tackling it in the next two years. My June 8th is currently open, however, so if you have room on your permit for one extra person, and I happen to get down to 190 lbs... wink wink. ;-)

ZeroIndulgence said...

I'll let you know. It's possible one or two other guys in my larger group got a permit that weekend as well...so we might have room. Also, the 4th in my group might be sidelined by a new baby...so, yeah, I'll keep you posted!