So, with that in mind, its time to make my predictions! Last
season, I got 3 of 5 AL playoff
teams correct (AL Central, AL East, and the 1st Wild Card), although my lack of
faith in the AL WEST CHAMPION ATHLETICS was disturbing. In the NL, I got 2 of 5 playoff teams correct
(NL Central and the 1st Wild Card). My predicted World Series participants
missed the playoffs...but since I hate both Anaheim
and Philly, fine by me! I missed all of
the postseason awards, but whatever, I had a pretty good prediction year
overall.
So, yeah, let's get to it!
Division and Wild Card Winners:
AL West: Oakland
(2nd: Anaheim , 3rd: Texas ,
4th: Seattle , 5th: Houston )
AL Central: Detroit
(2nd: Kansas City , 3rd: Chicago ,
4th: Cleveland , 5th: Minnesota )
AL East: Tampa Bay
(2nd: Toronto , 3rd: Baltimore ,
4th: New York , 5th: Boston )
Wild Card: Anaheim
Wild Card: Toronto
OK, fine, I'm doing it.
I'm going full homer and predicting the A's win back to back division
titles! First, the A's have the pitching
that no one else in the division has. Anaheim 's
rotation is a patchwork after Weaver. Oakland
also upgraded its offense in the offseason.
They look primed to rock. Detroit
should take the Central easily. The East
is interesting, as the usual powers look weak and uninspiring. I'll take Tampa ,
but its a toss up between them and Toronto ...and
Baltimore surprised us all last
season, so they could make a run too! Anaheim
and Toronto will take the wild
cards in this scenario.
NL West: Los Angeles
(2nd: San Francisco , 3rd: Arizona ,
4th: San Diego , 5th: Colorado )
NL Central: Cincinnati
(2nd: St. Louis , 3rd: Pittsburgh ,
4th: Milwaukee , 5th: Chicago )
NL East: Washington
(2nd: Atlanta , 3rd: Philadelphia ,
4th: Miami , 5th: New
York )
Wild Card: Atlanta
Wild Card: St. Louis
The West should be interesting, with LA loading up with
their new found wealth, the Giants coming off another World Series win, and Arizona
not looking awful. I'll take LA...so
much talent there (and I'm a homer), in what should be a fun race with their
rivals. Cincy and St.
Louis should be in a dogfight for the Central, with
the loser being good enough for a wile card.
Same with Washington and Atlanta
in the East. Should be good races all
around!
Playoffs
Gah! So close to my
dream World Series! I'd be way too much
of a homer to pick an A's vs Dodgers World Series, though. I'll take the A's and their pitching and
depth on offense in the AL ,
though. Washington
is my champion, as they are stacked in the rotation AND
on offense. I mean, its absurd. And they'll have Strasburg to lead that
rotation into the playoffs.
Strasburg-Gio-Haren-Zimmerman...that's and insane rotation. Give em the title...and break my heart in the
process.
Season Awards:
NL MVP: Joey Votto - CIN
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander - DET
NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw - LAD
AL RoY: Wil Myers - TB
NL RoY: Jedd Gyorko - SD
And, I'll steal this disclaimer from Gregg Easterbrook:
"All predictions wrong or your money back!"
No comments:
Post a Comment