HAPPY
THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Over the
past three weeks, I've been talking about Thanksgiving, and how glorious it
is! I discussed the history of the
holiday, and how intertwined I am with it (October 3, baby!). I've discussed the very best of Thanksgiving
traditions. I've posted some of the
better television specials to come about for Thanksgiving. I've even talked about travel, and the places
to avoid! It’s been fun…if not for you
dear readers, it at least has been for me!
Now, we have
finally arrived at Thanksgiving…one of the best holidays we have! And what better way to close out The
Thanksgiving Nine than to list out those things I am most thankful for this
year!
This year,
first and foremost, I am thankful for my family. Without them, I would be lost. They have been there for me, through thick
and thin, and have been exceedingly generous to me. Between the family vacations, the dinners at
home, etc…its always a treat to get to spend time with them. They are my rock and my backbone, and I am
eternally grateful that I ended up with such an amazing family.
On that
note, I am thankful for my mom’s health.
Back at the beginning of the year we had that cancer scare…but after
surgery she appears to be cancer free.
Obviously, its still something to watch, but so far so good!
I am also
thankful for my own health! Last
Thanksgiving this was just starting…but over the last year and a half, I've lost loads of weight. 130 pounds to be exact. I've become
somewhat of an exercise nut, as well.
And, just this past Sunday, I completed my very first half
marathon! Anyone who knew me in the
Summer of 2011…if I were to tell you that by Thanksgiving 2012 I will have run
a half marathon…well, we all would have fallen down laughing. I would have probably then gone to the fridge
and made myself a plate of nachos (consisting of an entire bag of shredded
cheese, half a bag of tortilla chips, and a mound of sour cream…you know, just
a snack!). Now I’m in the best shape of
my life! I guess, in this instance, I
have to be thankful for my personal fortitude and will power, because I've been
exceedingly focused on this goal. Today,
I weigh less than I did my junior year of high school, and am in much better overall
shape! I’m thankful I woke up and took
control of my health before it was too late.
I am
thankful for my friends, as well. All of
them. Too many to name. You guys are like family to me, and I
thoroughly enjoy any time we get to spend together…as much or as little as that
ends up being.
I am
thankful that I have a job. I may bitch
about it from time to time, and I may be underpaid, and I may be bored a lot…but
I have a solid, stable job that pays the bills and allows me the means to,
every now and then, travel around and have some fun! Not everyone is in such an enviable position.
Ultimately,
I am thankful that my life continues to be consistently awesome! I have a job, I have great friends and an
amazing family, I continue to travel to entertaining locations, I am in
phenomenal shape, I have an incredibly fun softball team and league, I can run
long distances, lift heavy weights, ride my bike up steep mountains…life
rules! I’m 29 years old, and I have more
energy and zest for life than I ever did at 24.
And, even though I caught my first few grey hairs a few weeks ago, I
feel as young as ever! Life is
good. Better than that, life is
excellent! I have loads to be thankful
for…and I intend to remember that, today and beyond!
And on that
note, The Thanksgiving Nine is signing off!
It’s been a fun ride, and hopefully I’ve helped Thanksgiving become a
little more special in your eyes. At the
very least, you all now know where I’m coming from when I talk about how much I
love this holiday!
May your
feasts be epic, may your families be together, and may your Thanksgiving
Weekend be everything you hoped it would be!
Cheers and
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment