Last weekend I returned to the great state of Oregon. This time, though, I was headed all the way through the state to Portland! The reason: my buddy Sean is getting married in a few weeks, and this seemed like a good place for a bachelor party!
Thursday morning, Jason and I left Santa Clara a little after 5, and drove up to Oakland to pick up the bachelor. The three of us then made the 11ish hour trek up to Portland! It really is a lot of driving. I mean, a lot! But, once you get through the Central Valley, it gets rather pretty! The Mt. Shasta area is, of course, gorgeous; and Oregon is a very pretty state...especially in the Summer!
Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday were the main bachelor party days. Sunday was for traveling home...another 11ish hour drive that left me rather spent at the end (especially since I only got about 4 hours sleep the night before). However, I think, all in all, it was a rather successful weekend!
So, seeing as how this weekend was a bachelor party, I will keep the details sparse. I'm sure you understand! However, I did want to share some of the highlights.
First highlight was the house I found for our group to rent! This house was on the Tualatin River in Tualatin, Oregon...about 10 miles south of Portland. And it was, in a word, epic! The house was just gorgeous! Here, take a look at our view:
Pretty sweet, right? One morning Jason and I were out there, and a bald eagle just flew by, perched on one of the trees across the river there for a bit, and then took off again. Awesome! Friday, after some epic paintballing in 100 degree heat, we came back and jumped in the river to cool off! It was perfect!
The house was also good for BBQing, had a pit for bonfiring, and was generally just a great place to hang out and party. We definitely made good use of the house.
The biggest activity highlight was probably the biking microbrewery/bar tour of Portland!
This is the Pedalounge! We met it at our first brewery stop in Portland at 1 in the afternoon for a three hour tour of places! Yes, its a bar, and we pedal while sitting at it to give it power! The owner/operator sits in the middle of it, and steers us up and down the streets, and has the master brake. This was so cool I can hardly describe it. Just look how happy our bachelor looks!
It was a truly unique way to see the city! Thoroughly enjoyable. And even yours truly found some beers and hard ciders that he could tolerate! Nothing like opening up new horizons and trying new things! I felt like this was a genuinely Portland thing to do. I think we ended up hitting like 7 or 8 places in our three hour tour (a three hour tour). Pretty cool.
The rest of the trip was basic bachelor party shenanigans. All in all a great weekend! And I know Sean had an amazing time.
So, yeah, moral of the story is...if you are going to get married, put me in charge of planning your bachelor party. You won't regret it!
This should be the last travelling adventure for a while. The next trip on the books is Yosemite for my birthday in October. Need to save up some coin! But, as always, I'll be here in the area, looking for my next adventure. If you have an idea for one, give me a call!



1 comment:
Coolness! You should go to Mono Lake just outside of Yosemite if you've never been. The boats won't be available for rent that time of year, and hopefully the road through Tuolumne Meadows is open. Nevertheless, it's awesome and otherworldly.
Post a Comment