August 21, 2012

Q's Adventures: Abalone Feed

So, I'm running a wee bit behind on my posting, but such is life!  I'm a busy man.  Anyways, the last two weekends I've spent out of town.  Two weeks ago was the annual Abalone Feed at Ocean Cove.  As always, it was an awesome, delicious affair.  A few highlights from the weekend!

First, we only got one ok sunset, and it was Friday night.  Saturday was foggy.  It happens.  Grabbed a few pictures...I think this is the best one:


Love this coastline.  Its really rather gorgeous.  Friday night was typical dinner, fire, bed.  On Saturday, BQ and I went mountain biking!  It was pretty epic...and tough!  Some parts of the mountain was so steep that my front wheel was pulling off the road!  Insane.  I'm slowly getting stronger on the bike...rides like this are useful for that!  And, of course, it was very pretty and peaceful.

Here's BQ on the bike in the woods:


And here I am at a meadow in the mountains:


Pretty cool.  The ride took us up the mountains, then back down to the coast, and then along Highway 1 back to the campground.  That night was the abalone feed and potluck...where I ate WAY TOO MUCH FOOD!  I actually ate so much that I didn't eat the next day until a small dinner.  Was just not hungry in the slightest.  Insanity!

Sunday came home early, per usual!  Brief post this year...but the trip really is delightfully repetitive from year to year...don't feel the need to repeat myself.  I will say that you should all come with me some year if you've never been.  Between the gorgeous setting, good people, and amazing food, it really is an awesome weekend!

Check back later this week for my post on last weekend's trip to Portland!

1 comment:

Sue Quinn said...

Even if they have been on the trip, they should come again. It was cold, but it was another amazing food feast, starring the mighty mollusk.