June 04, 2012

Odds n’ Ends: Happy June!


OK, time for one of those boring posts that kind of meanders around, has no unifying thread, and just clues you in to what my life is all about recently.  I know, super boring, right?  Well, its my blog, and I want to write about myself, so there it is! (Yup, egomaniac!)

Anyways, Happy June!  Can’t believe its already June.  2012 is freaking flying by.  If the end of the world truly is coming in December, its getting here far, far too soon!  Also, I look outside my office window right now, and its dark, cloudy, and raining…which makes it feel far more like December than June anyways.  Ridiculous.  Its June!  Its time to be 80 degrees and sunny!  Every day!  Get on it, mother nature!

Light month for the blog in May…only 6 posts.  But three of them were Q’s Adventures posts with pictures!  Always fun!  Guess I just didn’t have much else to say…either that or with my constant busy schedule, I just didn’t have time to really sit and write about anything else.  Also, if I wanted to just sit and write, my rantings would probably revolve around politics and such, and that’s boring (and not always for public consumption…although I’ll probably politi-post soon enough).  Besides, my political posts are also my least popular by pageview and commenting…so I avoid getting overly political in general.  Alas, light month.  June will be light as well…since my travel schedule calms down a wee bit.  Doesn’t mean I’m not still having fun, though!

Anyways, I’m sure everyone has noticed the format change in the blog.  New name, new banner, new background image.  I just felt like it was time for a change.  This had been THE LOUNGE for years now…but that doesn’t really make sense for me anymore.  This has become much more of a travel and adventure blog than anything else, so it made more sense to center the theme around that.  Also, I love that skydiving picture of me!  It looks like I’m flying, and makes for a perfect banner!  So, Q’s Adventures it is!  I’ll still be writing about anything and everything, though.  Writing is part of the quest to cure boredom, too!

In my quest to cure boredom, I’ve kind of overbooked myself the last few weeks.  Not in terms of activities and double booking weeknights and whatnot…but in terms of weekend trips and driving.  Memorial Day weekend I drove to Ventura and back, with a day trip between Ventura and LA in there.  This past weekend I drove up to Williams and back.  And next weekend I’m driving down to Whittier and back.  That’s 320 miles each way to and from Ventura, 130 miles round trip for the LA sidetrip, 310 miles roundtrip to and from Williams, and 400 miles each way between here and Whittier.  Math tells me that’s approximately 1,880 miles of driving over 3 weekend.  Ugh.  Two weekends into this 3 weekend stretch, and I’m already sick of my car.  Doesn’t help that my ass is particularly bony, and it is not all that comfortable to be sitting for that long (sorry, not used to this!).  But, next weekend is important…its Big Dan and Big Jenn’s wedding!  Gotta be there for that!

Other than all the driving, life is pretty sweet.  Work has been slow, but its given me time to start trying to teach myself SolidWorks.  Which is slow going and somewhat complex…but not too terrible.  It’ll be a great skill to have if I’m able to effectively pick it up.  Been planning future trips as well.  Vegas is at the end of June, then July will see me go to Oregon for a week.  August has a few things planned, and then Labor Day weekend will probably be a moving weekend.  I booked a couple camp sites in Yosemite for my birthday in October…and I finally bought the last of my airfare for New Years in New Orleans!  Pretty legit!

Also, I’m going to be hosting a 4th of July pool party and BBQ at my parents’ house in Morgan Hill.  So consider this an open invitation to come on over on the 4th and hang out!  It’s always been a good time in the past!

Other than that, just the usual softball games, golf league, Diablo 3 shenanigans that I usually get up to.  Also been going on some dates here and there.  Actually, kinda like the current one I’ve been seeing, but its only been two dates, so I’ll let it play out before blogging any more about it.  No need to get ahead of myself or anything.

So, I guess that’s about it.  My life isn’t boring, by any means…its actually quite spectacular.  Just nothing much more to write about, since all I do is travel around, and that’s something I already blog about!

Hope all is well with everyone else…oh, and COME TO MY 4TH OF JULY PARTY!  It’ll be legiiiiiiiiiit. 

No comments: