June 26, 2012

Helping Out a Worthy Cause

Some of you probably already saw my post on this on facebook…but in case it got lost in the shuffle, I wanted to post it here too.



These are my friends Chaz and Erika. They are part of the Churronation and are avid Sharks fans. It’s how I know them! These two are struggling with a super tough situation with regards to medical bills in the aftermath of Chaz suffering a stroke at age 27…yes, that’s right, a stroke at age 27. I won’t retell the entire story here…as Erika lays it out better than I ever could in the link above…but needless to say, for a family living to the extent of their means already, and with two small kids to take care of, there’s only so much medical debt they can deal with. It’s a shitty situation all around.

So, this website has been started to rally the troops, so to speak, and see if we can’t help them out. I had nothing to do with starting up the website, but that doesn’t mean I cannot help spread the word to anyone who might be able to help. If you can contribute to this, it would be most appreciated…even if its just 10 or 20 bucks. Every little bit helps. But times are tough, I know how it goes. So even if you cannot help out financially, if you can spread the word of this to others you know, that would be equally helpful as well.

Chaz and Erika are really quite wonderful people, great parents, and good friends. They do not deserve to be in this situation, and every bit of help they get they deserve. So I wanted to throw this on the blog, see if anyone could help out. The widget above will take you to the site for this cause. It will also tell the full story, which is really quite a heartbreaking tale. Please help if you can. I know I plan to.

Thanks!

No comments: