Today was a pretty epic day. Today started with surfing lessons in the early to mid morning, snorkeling in the late morning to early afternoon, lunch at The Dolphin, shopping in Hanalei, and then dinner back at the house with an amazing sunset. Needless to say, I got a lotta sun, and had a lotta fun! What a day! Figured I'd share a few of the better pictures from today.
Surfing lessons were awesome. They just took us out to the baby waves on the inner Hanalei Bay, gave us really sturdy surfboards, and got us going! Here I am with the instructor, and another kid in the class, waiting to catch a wave.
The instructor took off after his 2 hours were up, but we were allowed to keep using the boards as long as we wanted. I did catch the hang of it pretty quickly, especially since they were baby waves, and caught at least 20 waves before we called it a morning!
Oh, and Hanalei Bay is, for my money, the most gorgeous beach in the entire world. I mean, how can you compete with this backdrop?
Yeah, pretty amazing. After surfing, we made our way to Tunnels Beach, down the road from the Bay, and did some snorkeling.
Here's my favorite fish...Humuhumunukunukuapua'a...the state fish of Hawaii!
Went home, showered, changed, and went out to lunch at the Hanalei Dolphin...which provided an amazing view of the waterfalls roaring off the side of Mount Waialeale, the wettest spot on Earth!
After some lunch (a late lunch), some shopping (new pukka shells! Woo!), and dropping off my snorkel equipment, it was back home for dinner and a gorgeous sunset to cap off a perfect day!
Not sure if anyone is reading these or whatnot, but I'm keeping them as a record of my vacation anyways! It's been a great trip...cannot believe I only have one full day left here. Ugh. These things are really never long enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment