Today was my last full day in Hawaii. Tomorrow my flight leaves the island at 1:45pm, and I'll be headed back to reality. Definitely not ready to go back...its been just an amazing trip.
For today's last day, the parents and I got one last round of golf in...this time at the gorgeous Princeville Makai Golf Course. I played just terribly. Indescribably bad, really. So we won't dwell on that. We'll just jump to the gorgeous pictures of a stunning course.
The Makai's signature hole is the Par 3 7th hole. It's a shot over an ocean ravine. Very gorgeous. Actually, the tee box is right outside our house we've been renting. So, yeah, hell of a view.
Here's my dad hitting a golf shot on their signature #7 hole.
And here's mine. This was actually the only good shot I hit all day. Cleared the ravine and pegged the green! Maybe I should have people taking pictures of my golfing more often...
While we were playing, the big waves started to roll in from a storm parked well north of the islands. It provided an impressive backdrop to the remainder of our round...
After golf we got our last Lappert's ice cream cones for the trip. Not sure if I've mentioned Lappert's yet, but its pretty much to die for. And is only here on the islands. Actually, its really only here on Kauai now. I die for their mango sorbet. Amazing.
After the Lappert's, we wandered down to the Hamalei Bay lookout for some pictures of the most beautiful bay in the world.
So amazing. Do I really have to leave this place?
Anyways, back to the house and did some packing, then we went to the St. Regis in Princeville for drinks and dinner. Here, we were treated to what I think was the best sunset of the trip.
And just like that, the sun sets on yet another amazing Kauai trip. This trip merely reinforced the fact that this is, indeed, my favorite place in the entire world. Someday I will live out here. It is happening.
Tomorrow is a half day. I'll open with a run through Princeville, just like every morning, and then some breakfast and a shower. Finish packing the car, and then head south. I think some final shopping will need to be done in Kapa'a, maybe a last Brick Oven Pizza run, and then off to the airport. Sigh.
I'll probably write one more blog about the trip. It'll be a general recap of the entire trip, what I did, why it was awesome...and maybe a few pictures that were not posted already. Then, it'll be back to the real world.
1 comment:
Ahhhh. I just read through everything - a great way to relive the trip. Time to head back!....to reality... :(
Post a Comment