January 19, 2012

Q's Sleep Schedule

I've had an odd sleep schedule lately. Wait, not odd...just, lacking. Not sure why I can only sleep 4-5 hours a night right now, but it sure would be nice to figure this out. It's been going on for a few months now.

A look at my sleep schedule:

9pm: Decide bed is close, have protein shake

10pm: Decide it's time for bed

11:30pm: Actually get into bed

12:30am: Actually put book down, turn light off, and drift into a dreamless wonderland

4:30am: Wake up for no apparent reason whatsoever

4:32am: Fall asleep again

5:30am: Alarm goes off, I sort of wake up (unless I figure out how to turn off my alarm in my sleep, which which case I get in late to work)

6:00am: Alarm continues to go off while I repeatedly hit snooze. I turn it off, grab my phone, check the e-mail and read some news (Rick Perry is dropping out of the Republican Presidential Race...I learned this at 6 this morning)

6:20am: Get out of bed and shower.

6:45am: Go to work.

So, I think I spend more time around bed and thinking about being asleep than I actually do asleep. And I'm really irritated that I keep waking up at 4am for no apparent reason (I don't hurt, I don't have to pee, I'm not being woken by a cat...there's really no reason for it).

Alas, such is life. I've mostly adapted to it by this point, but it would be nice if my body decided to sleep longer than 4-5 hours a night. Well, at least I tend to get about 7 hours on the weekend!

Anyways, hope you all are sleeping better than I am!

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Sleep apnea? I'm having similar circumstances myself (I always wake at 3am).

Julie said...

Sadly, no, I'm not. But my getting up in the middle of the night is due to a need to pee. I've stopped drinking liquids after 9 which has helped a bit, but yeah, still waking up lots. Afternoon naps are a staple in my house now.