OK, an update for the faithful blog readers...
Mom's surgery appears to have been a great success! They didn't find any growths, any spreading. They didn't have to take any lymph nodes. It appears my mom is now cancer free after just the surgery...which is great news! She's at home resting and recovering now...hopefully taking it easy and not trying to do too much!
Oddly enough, this was somewhat expected, since they said they felt they caught it early enough that they didn't think they would have to do anything more than the surgery, and she would be fine. So why did I get so worried?
Well, of course, its my mom...and its cancer. You never know. And we still don't know everything...I mean, it could always pop back up...although odds of that are pretty low. Cancer is scary...it kills so many people. So when you hear "hi, your mom has cancer," well, you might shit a brick or two. But it seemed to me to be more than that.
I felt detached from the entire process. I didn't really know how to handle it, I think. I've never been one to talk about my own issues with people. I'll mention things here and there...but I really hate bothering people with such nonsense. Also, maybe all the "asking for prayers" thing that happens when your mom is a Catholic School teacher puts me on the outside...because I don't particularly believe in that stuff. And I can't really come out and say "no, I'm not gonna pray, sorry, don't believe in it" but I'm also not going to go pray. So that outlet is gone. So no prayer, and no talking about it...I kinda just sat here and let it stew. I tried to ignore it, just thought about coming home for the surgery and being with mother...but it was weighing on my mind. Lots of running...lots of sitting around thinking...lots of sleepless nights (although that's nothing new...I'm a well known insomniac). I'm just really glad its done and everything seems to be turning out quite alright.
Anyways, enough blathering on about me. This isn't about me. It's about my mother, who is wonderfully healthy and will be around for a long long long time. Far after I've gone on to whatever is next (sorry, I don't cope with thinking about loss well...so sue me, I'm selfish!).
2 comments:
That's a relief! Glad to hear it amigo - give your mom my regards.
Very good news!
Post a Comment