October 04, 2011

(T)MMR: 28 Years Young

Today I’m going to combine a Q’s Adventures, a MMR, and a birthday post all into one.  Yeah, I know, I’ve been pretty silent lately, and more individual posts would be nice.  But, such is life!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday.  This year my birthday happened to fall on a Monday…a Monday after a week spent moving…and it happened to rain.  So, needless to say, I didn’t do too much on the actual birthday.  I took the day off work and slept in a bit, which is nice.  Showered and bummed around for a bit.  Then went to get some Chipotle for lunch (I still have no food in my house yet).  After lunch, I got to work moving myself out of boxes and into my room/house.  And, really, I did a pretty good job.  I have a few things left to find homes for…but we realized we have some attic space for storage if we lay some plywood down…so that will take care of itself this weekend at the latest.  Easy!

It’s really nice to be moved in.  I really do hate living out of boxes.  So that was a birthday present to myself.  Within the next week, I could see our house being ready to entertain and show off…so that’s always nice.

Last weekend, I went to Disneyland for my birthday.  And, as always, Disneyland rules.  It was just Christine and I on Friday, and then Jason and Crystal made it up Friday night for an all day Disneyland extravaganza on Saturday.  Pretty epic.  Got to ride everything I wanted to, numerous times, and felt like I had a fairly successful and full trip.  I don’t feel cheated or anything, so that’s a plus.  The new Star Tours is pretty epic.  I loved it.

So, I might have mentioned, briefly, some weight loss thing I’ve been undertaking.  I don’t really like to publicize it, but I do talk about it in person as a way to keep myself motivated.  My original goal was 100 pounds…with a half way goal of losing 50 pounds by my birthday.  My birthday was Monday, jumped on the scale, and I’ve lost 54 pounds so far.  So, um, half way goal accomplished.  Not too shabby.  Just have to keep it up. (OK, no more talk about that for a while…)

And now I’m 28 years old.  Just 2 short years away from the next decade where being an adult really kicks in.  Kind of terrifying.  I guess that means I have two years left to get things in order.  You know, better job, more stability, etc.  Who knows.  For now, I’m just going to enjoy things, and see where life takes me.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Julie said...

54? That's incredible! I'm not surprised though as you're great at accomplishing things when you put your mind to it. Keep up the good work. Also post more! If not for you than for your loyal bored readers.

ZeroIndulgence said...

Haha, its not bad. Just have to stay focused so I can knock the next 54 pounds out!