So, from time to time, as leases end, I have this moment of worry that I’ll have nowhere to go and whatnot. This year that came and went early, as Chris and I had decided to stay in our current house, and replace Jason and Crystal with a new roommate when they moved out. We told our landlord and he sent back an e-mail telling us the rent for next year and what he would want to do for lease transition. Fine. Done. Right? Not so fast…
We send him an e-mail a week later asking some questions on how he wanted to go about the lease transition and whatnot, and he gets back to us 2-3 days later (usual for him) with the list of things he wants cleaned … and then an “oh, btw, I’ve decided to go in a different direction with the house and will not be renting it to you next year. Be out by the 30th.” Shit.
I really wonder if he would have ever told us if we had not e-mailed him at that point. I’m guessing no, because he was a lazy ass. But in any case, this left us just a few weeks to find a house and get moved and get the place to move-out clean. Ugh.
So we start our search, look at a few places. Submit a few applications. But it turns out, houses for rent are super fucking competitive right now. Every place we applied to had at least 6 other applicants besides us. So we were getting worried when we didn’t have a place as recently as Monday. We had struck out twice. We had one more app in that was still deciding, but we were one of 7. Then one of 5. Then one of 3. Finally, Tuesday morning, we were given the place. It’s in Santa Clara. It’s not a bad little spot. Should suit our needs just fine.
Anyways, this whole thing has been a terrible ordeal. At first I figured it was no big deal, we’d find a place. But as the weeks went on, and our drop dead place approached, I was getting worried. But, thus, things worked out. And I will be moving into my new place in Santa Clara on Tuesday September 27th.
Anyways, if you’ve not heard from me much recently, that would be why. I was busy looking for a place to live, and trying to avoid being homeless. Also, when I get stressed, I retreat into my hole. Luckily, it takes a lot to stress me out, so it happens very rarely.
So, when I get into the new place, I’ll invite everyone over to see it. And I’ll send out the address to interested parties when I get a chance.
Hooray for not being homeless!
Cheers!
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys found a place- even better that it's close to our new apartment! It'll make it easier to come chill in our sweet pool and hot tub.
Post a Comment