Part 1: San Luis Obispo
I was supposed to leave on Friday with the fam to head down to SLO, but due to an unfortunate work schedule (had to get a proposal done that night), I ended up driving down Saturday morning. This was the first extended roadtrip with my new car, and I must say, the gas mileage gives me a half chub. It was amazing. Nothing at all like the old, red truck. But enough about the car, more on the trip.
Got to the house my parents were renting in Arroyo Grande at like 1pm, and man, nice pick pops. It was a pretty sweet house, large kitchen, amazing bedrooms, and was right on the golf course. I was kinda sad I only got to spend the one night there. Went out to lunch in Pismo Beach that afternoon, then got ready for the wedding.
The wedding was out at some ranch kind of place in the hills of SLO. It was actually kind of an interesting place, and a nice setting for a wedding. The wedding was pretty, and the food at the reception was nice. Dancing was the traditional wedding lineup. Not sure what else to say...we've all been to many, many weddings, right? Haha. Anyways, the best part was probably getting to catch up with Sean, and actually spend time with my parents (my dad practically lives in Pittsburgh these days, so seeing him is a luxury).
Anyways, here's a couple pictures from the wedding (they're of me...and if you are friends with me on facebook, you've probably seen them already).
Here's my dad and I waiting for the wedding to start.
Here's one of my best buddies, Sean, and I at the reception after the wedding. It was his baby sister tying the knot this day.
After the wedding it was back to the house in Arroyo Grande for bed. The next morning I woke up, showered up, packed up the car, and continued my drive down 101 to beautiful Ventura, CA.
Part 2: Ventura
The drive was easy enough. And 101 between Santa Barbara and Ventura is very nice. And, of course, the weather is gorgeous there. 75 and sunny, light sea breeze. SO nice! Love it.
Found James' apartment without much trouble. Said my hellos and then we went to lunch at a little taqueria down the street. Very delicious. Then we went into Oxnard and visited Guitar Center for a few hours. Jimmy B is a big fan of guitars...both playing them and collecting them. And, I must say, after a few hours there, I'm pretty sure I want to start teaching myself how to play the guitar. Might have a new expenditure in my future. We'll see. I'll mull it over for a bit. Afterwards we went home and cooked dinner...fish tacos! Very delicious and light. Finally it was time for my nightly walk. Usually, when home in Campbell, I just wander around the neighborhoods around me. In Ventura, though, we could walk at the beach! Which, of course, also led to some nice picture opportunities!
This is the sunset from the first night in Ventura. Not too shabby! I thought it was pretty, anyways. Sadly, I only had my phone camera on me, so its not as awesome as it could have been.
Went back to Jimmy B's place, where we hung out for a bit, played around on the guitars a bit, then went to bed. The next day was Labor Day, and was to be a lazy day. We woke up when we felt like it. Slowly got ready for the day. Then we went to downtown Ventura for brunch at the Cajun Kitchen. It was very, very good. I do love cajun food. Then we headed up to Serra Park at the top of a hill overlooking the city of Ventura. It led to some amazing views.
Here's the view from the top of the hill in Ventura, overlooking the city, and the ocean. Actually, could could see some of the channel islands out there as well (not in this picture). It was a gorgeous day.
Pretty awesome view. Then we went back to the apartment, chilled for a bit, then went to see Cowboys and Aliens. I had been meaning to see it for a while, but after seeing it, I'm glad I only paid 3 bucks for it. It was moving along ok for a bit, but...have you ever been to a movie, and something happens in the movie that makes you unable to take anything that happens seriously at all anymore? Yeah, this movie had one of those moments for me. But, Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford acted it well. Olivia Wilde is still hot. So it wasn't a complete waste. Dinner that night was some delicious sushi...then another walk on the beach, and some more hanging out and then bed.
Tuesday I woke up and packed up the car and took off. Drive back was super easy, no traffic...things moved along. And the weather on the coast was gorgeous...I opened up the sunroof and all the windows, just let the cool sea air whip through the car. So nice. The rest of the trip was super hot, though, and I made ample use of the AC.
All in all, it was a nice get away. It was a very nice wedding, and awesome to see Jimmy B...who I never see enough.
The next trip should be my birthday trip to Disneyland. The big 2-8 is coming up in less than a month! Scary...



4 comments:
Sounds like an enjoyable weekend - way to keep up the evening walking tradition!
You should pick up an acoustic guitar - it would give me someone to play with
Oh when you heading down to Disneyland? I'm gonna be there October 5th through 9th.
Jason - I'm seriously considering the guitar. Just gotta be able to afford it first!
Julie - I'll be there Sept. 30 - Oct. 2...just before you (of course). You should change the dates of your trip to coincide with mine! :-P
The big 2-8? Try the big 3-0 barreling down on me, home slice ;-)
Post a Comment