August 19, 2011

Q's Adventures: Ab Feed 2011

Hello all! Time for another installment of Q's Adventures. Last weekend was the annual Abalone Feed camping trip to Ocean Cove on the Sonoma County coast! It really is a beautiful place.

A usual ab feed weekend usually follows the same pattern: drive up friday afternoon, set up camp, make and eat dinner, socialize, and watch the sunset. On Saturday wake up, breakfast, hike around the area, come back, start eating the potluck food, eat until you split open (and everything is delicious, btw). Sunday pack up and go home.

This year was no different, so I wont bore you with the same details as I always put up. I'll just post some pictures. I was actually really impressed with some of my sunset pictures from Friday evening. So, away we go!

This is probably my favorite sunset photo of all time:


More sunset photos:



Titan is a fan of the campfire...and laps.


Saturday morning hike along the coastline:


Hi mom!



Pelican takes flight:


Once you catch the abalone, you must clean them:


And then you must cook them....mmmmmmmmmmmm, abalone!


Here's looking South along the coastline while headed home.  The Sonoma Coastline is underrated for its beauty.


2 comments:

Ninakix said...

Looks like you had fun (: Area looks gorgeous, too.

Julie said...

Aww, Titan! The most awesomest of awesome dogs.