November 09, 2010

Travelling is Expensive (aka, My Parents are Awesome)

So my mom and I were talking through the text message the other day (my parents are so "with it" when it comes to technology), and as an aside she says "btw, we're going to kauai in february, do you want to come?"

Um...YES!

All I had to do is get myself there.  So I started looking at airfare, and it's not cheap.  Probably was looking at around 800 bones round trip, as you might expect.  So I go home on Sunday to have dinner with my parents and my grandma, who was in town for the night.  And we get to talking about it, and BQ says he has enough miles to fly me round trip first class, and said he'd book it for me if I pay him $500 for the miles.  Um, ok, that's pretty freaking awesome.  And I also have to buy my own ticket for the island hopper, because that's not covered by the miles.  SWEET!  So I'm getting to fly round trip to and from Kauai for $680, which is a friggin steal.  Yeah, my parents are pretty awesome.

Anyways, this leaves me with three pretty awesome trips on my near horizon.  I'm still planning on spending New Years in Las Vegas.  I'll have to book a flight for that one pretty soon, though...and save money for hotel, food, drink, etc.  The plane ticket in the only thing I have to buy before New Years, though.  Bubs is booking my hotel room, and I'll just pay him back.  And then the food and drink and entertainment I can just save up for between now and then.

And then in early February I'm spending a weekend in Boston to see the Sharks play the Bruins, the Baby Sharks play out in Worcester, and then I'll watch the Super Bowl while I'm out there too.  I've already booked that flight using my own miles.  I had just enough to get me there and back.  Pretty awesome.  I still have to book a hotel for that one too...so that should probably happen at some point.

And then Hawaii will be two weeks after my Boston trip.

So yeah, looks like Q's Adventures will be making a comeback in the near future!  You know, assuming I don't go broke between now and then.  Although, even if I do, it will be worth it in my eyes.  The one thing I want to do more than anything else in my life it travel around, go to cool places, etc.  Maybe that's a very short sighted goal...but for now, it makes me insanely happy, so I'm going to do it.  There's always time to be all responsible and grown up and such later. 

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm not gonna lie...I'm more then a little jealous...should be a blast! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you take your DSLR out to stretch its legs.