November 01, 2010

MMR: Changing the blog template

So, as you may have noticed, the blog has taken on a slightly new look right now.  Consider it a work in progress.  I didn't really intend to make such a drastic change to my blog's look, but I ran into some technical issues last night when playing around with the formatting that made this change a necessity.  Read on!

I was pretty pleased with the old format.  It was simple, classy, and served it's purpose well enough.  However, the blog had looked the same for years now, and I wanted to start toying around with other templates and looks and whatnot.  When I got into the editor, the preview was not working...so in order to see what the changes I was considering looked like with my blog, I had to push a button that says "view blog."  Fine, whatever, lets take a look.  What was not told to me was that by pushing that button, I was also saving the changes I had made...thus erasing what I formerly had.  Oops.

So now I had a new blog template, published to the world, and no way to go back to the old one.  You see, I was using a template from a few years ago...a template that is no longer availiable to find and implement once I lost it.  So now I was committed.  And the blog looked like shit, and I couldn't go back to the old format.  Really, really frusterating.  I mean, yes, I should have been more careful, and I probably should have saved the old HTML code before going in and messing around with things...but whatever, shit happens.

So, now I have a new look blog!  Since I have to change it...I figure I might as well go all out.  Over the next week or so I will probably be tinkering around with the various settings and templates and whatnot, in order to make something I'm truly happy with.  Probably make a new banner, retitle the blog something different, and change the template and backgrounds into something more me.  However, what I have right now will suffice for the time being.

I think I'm also going to post under the name ZeroIndulgence for a while.  Q doesn't translate well across all the other blogs I comment on.  This will make life easier...although will necessitate a blog name change.

So, please pardon the mess while I tinker around with things and reinvent the blog, so to speak.  It should be equally epic once I'm done.

Cheers!

No comments: