So, holy balls, its already March! It feels like time is flying this year. I'm not sure what it is, but this year has flown by! FLOWN! Luckily, there are things I'm looking forward to in the future, so getting there quickly will be pretty nice. Anyways, today we are returning to mini-rant format. I don't have one topic big enough to rant about, so I'll just do a few small things. Not all things will be rants, some will be recaps and such, but the end result should be a peaceful head for me, and hopefully some entertainment for you!
1) Work's Never Doooooone. Best Friend has got me workin'. Yeah, this weekend I went up to Williams, again (3rd time in as many weeks), to help my brother in the remodeling of his house. And, let me tell you, that man has a motor on him that keeps going and going and going. We'll ignore Friday for now, and move on to Saturday. When I woke up on Saturday morning (at 9) he had already been up for 3 hours and had spent it banging away on the bar, getting rid of the overhang. We then proceeded to finish hanging up plastic and shot the house with the light tan paint he wanted. There was tearing out and moving of carpet, putting up new light fixtures, tearing out baseboard, moving around furniture, taping, painting, etc. We worked until like 11pm before quitting, and I was beat. Sunday we cleaned out Bub's room and painted it, painted some doors, tore out most of the rest of the carpet, and cleaned out the rented paint sprayer. I then went home, exhausted, and not looking forward to the work week. Luckily, despite all the hard work, I still had a good time. I always enjoy hanging out with Bubba, it was really good to hang out with Barman quite a bit more, and I met some of Bubba's other cool friends too, so that was awesome. However, I don't think I'll be back in Williams for a while. Three weeks in a row is enough for now. Yall will have to come down and visit me!
2) Quit Smoking! Not that it's any of my business! For the record, I hate smoking. Cigarette smoke is the worst. It smells bad, gets into everything, and makes everyone around it smell bad too. There's some death side effects of it too, but that's not the immediate concern. I just don't like to be around it. Thus, my one major deal breaker with girls is smoking. I could never date one. Ever. However, I'm not one to judge. I'm not out advocating for people to quit. I don't really care if you smoke or not. I have friends who smoke, and its fine. I just prefer to not be around it. But, tobacco is legal, and people don't really have the right to ostracize smokers just because their habit is a dirty one. End high and might rant!
3) The Goal in Life is to know what you want, and go for it... People always ask me, hey Pat, what do you look for in a girl. My usual retort is "low standards," which isn't too far off from the truth. But then I get to thinking, wait, what the hell am I looking for in a girl. For that matter, what am I looking for in life? I'm working in a job that, honestly, I don't want to be my career. I'm just doing it for the cash. I don't know what I want in a girl. If I knew, I might have found it by now. I guess all I want is to make my way until I figure out what I want. Try various things, see what fits. I guess all I really need is good friends and people who care about me. The movie Crash starts with the quote "It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something." I don't want to have to crash just to feel a connection...
4) My goal is to travel a lot! Oh, that's my other goal. To travel as humanly much as possible. My ultimate goal is to see the following countries, in this order: Greece, Egypt, Italy, Australia, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, and England. It will take time and more money than I have right now to do so, though. This year I am confined to just taking the following trips:
~Camping in Bodega Bay in May
~Visiting a friend in NYC over Memorial Day weekend
~Hopefully to San Diego for a weekend to see Baby Sister
~Cozumel for a week in July
~Yosemite in August to hike Half Dome
~A Cruise to Encenada in September
~Hopefully somewhere for my birthday in October
~And, of course, Las Vegas for New Years
I'm also going to a Michael Buble concert...and hopefully one more over the summer. And will probably find myself in Williams more than I should be. So, if anything else, I'll keep busy!
OK, I'm out. See you next week for (hopefully) something far more entertaining.
2 comments:
I'm going to the Buble concert too! We're twinsies!
What, no Enid? Just kidding. I'll shoot you on sight, and I'd be doing you a favor if you visited here. It's that bad.
Post a Comment