July 12, 2005

Where the hell have I been?

Wow, talk about a long time with no update. But yeah, after I took off from Davis to begin my summer, I've been kinda busy and not really at the computer that much. But, I'm here, and before I go to bed, I will try to update as much as I remember about the past month or so.


Work: I've been working for my dad's office, and its been pretty cool. Of course, I get along with all the guys there, which makes it nice. I'm not just the boss's son over there in the corner. The work has all been stuff I can do, and I picked it up pretty quickly. The real test will come when I have to teach the new guy (or gal) the ropes. But yeah, I stay fairly busy doing an assortment of tasks. I could tell you all more details, but then I would have to kill you. This is confidential stuff man! ;) But, a few weeks more and I will be done working there again. Kinda sad, especially since that means I'll be headed back to hell's kitchen...aka Davis for the rest of summer. Not exactly my idea of a kick ass summer, but I guess it will have to suffice.

Golf: I've gone golfing a few times, and I haven't done too terrible. I even got my first legitimate birdie ever on hole 9 of Los Lagos Golf Course. That was pretty cool. I get the feeling that if I had the chance to play more often and work a little on my game, I would be pretty decent. Unfortunately, that's time and money I do not have. Its still fun to go out once in a while.

Disneyland: Went to Disneyland at the end of June to celebrate the grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. First off, I want to say that this anniversary was amazing. We got nearly the whole family together for dinner and a slide show and such. My grandparents were overwhelmed with how awesome it was. And my mom was a dynamo in setting it all up. Just incredible. It's also incredible that they have been married for 50 friggin years!!! In today's world, 5 years is an achievement. I just hope that when I get married, I will be as lucky as they have been and it will be to someone I can spend 50+ years with. Just awesome!
On to Disneyland. I love that place. Space Mountain still wasn't open, but everything else was. And it was all decked out for their 50th anniversary. The rides were all cleaned up and in perfect working order. The parade (which i caught glimpses of from time to time) was pretty cool, and the fireworks show was SPECTACULAR! They had music from all their rides and major disneyland moments, and the fireworks were shot off all around Main St., not just from Toontown. It was friggin great. Of course, Fantasmic was awesome as always. I really really love that show. It still gives me goosebumps when I watch it. I plan on going back here in September when we're done with summer school. If you are interested, let me know. Oh, and if you have a free place for us to stay as well, that would make life much cheaper! :D

The 4th: As always, the 4th of July was a blast. Swimming, football game at the park, BBQ, fireworks, more fireworks...just awesome. It's always a great time,a nd this year was no different. The 4th is probably my 2nd favorite holiday, and it always lives up to expectations. To those of you who came, thanks for coming! I had a blast, and hopefully you did too. To those of you who didn't come...well, you probably just fail at life and we didn't want you there anyways!

The A's: What can I say. They fought back from 15 games under .500 on May 30th to one game over .500 by the All Star break. Just an incredible turn around. Hopefully they keep it up! A winning A's team is much better! I've been to a few games here. The best of which was on July 3rd. It was a Sunday game against the White Sox, and Zito was on the mound. Zito pitched a gem and the offense came to life. In the 8th inning, Zito was at 120 pitches, and he needed to get out of the inning. The stadium started a Zi-to Zi-to chant that was bonechilling. Such an experience. He got the batter to bounce out, and the crowd went nuts. Zito is the man! We sat in the bleachers, and that's always fun. The bleacher guys were way into the game too and just having a blast; jawing with the Sox on the field during BP and just having a good ol time ("hey, you suck, gimme a ball!"). A batting practice home run almost destroyed Kent and I. I saw it at the last second headed for my shoulder (it was within an arms reach when i saw it) and i just moved out of the way, and it hit the metal bar between Kent and my seats and bounced one shot back onto the field, leaving a small, white mark where we almost got our arms destroyed. It was actually pretty funny. All in all, an awesome game, and an awesome turn around by the A's!

Went to another AN get together in Berkeley last weekend, which was awesome as always. AN fans are the best fans in the whole world and a blast to watch a game with. Can't wait to do it again.

What else is there to say? I work most of the time. I've hung out with Tony a little bit. I've seen Sean once (today, for lunch). That's about it. My life right now revolves around work for the most part. I'm gonna be in Davis this weekend to hang out. Hopefully some of you will be there and bored enough to hang out with me. So, yeah, figure out something to do!


I'm off to bed. I have to get up for work in the morning.


Oh, ps...if you haven't seen the movie Hitch yet, I suggest seeing it. It's out on DVD, and I really like it. Its a fun movie, but has a good message about guys and chicks. Just remember that any guy has the opportunity to sweep any girl off her feet. :)


G'night all!

~Patrick

No comments: